1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
My Baby Girl
By grneyedangel on 08/01/12 20:00 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I still have her at 607K+. Yes, a bit underpowered, but such a mechanically sound car. Simple maintenance and regular driving will keep this engine for many years and even 15 years later, is still a cute little car. Only aesthetic prob that exists w/lot of Nissans is that the paint decays faster - not sure why, but true. Man. tranny is one of the easiest and long-lasting - clutch replaced at 582K for 1st time. Was just in shop for radiator replacement (and brake pads) - original radiator so figure can't beat that. AC is still strong and has never needed work (other than hoses, etc.) and always a pleasure to drive. Will keep running her until she finally dies-Best car ever had.

200sx se 1997 stocker/modder
By danmanrn on 06/02/08 02:38 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Great little car! Both my 1st new car and 1st car! Never expected to have such good fuel economy 30-40mpg depending on conditions and driver. This car is 11 yrs old! Driven hard! Modified for performance increase with header, CAI, 17" rims and low profile tires. Added some chrome accents to the wheel wells and bought aftermarket headlights. Short shifter, crank pulley and flywheel. Gone through 2 clutches (excluding a race clutch). Worth every penny to replace. My fault for burning it. Had to learn to shift on this car. Otherwise no broken parts! For 11 years! I will be buying Nissan from here on out.

Like the Energizer bunny
By preppie on 09/01/06 15:42 PM (PDT)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Not a bad little car. The only vehicle I've been in contact with that was more reliable was a Toyota Corolla. At nine years and 146,000 miles it still runs beautifully. The oil pressure sending unit developed a leak in 2002, which caused the alternator to die, but that's the only non-routine issue I've had to date. She's a little underpowered, but I can't complain too much. The back seat is very easy to get in and out of for a 2-door car.

161,000 miles and still going strong
By Doubletwist on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Super-great car! 161k miles and still goes like a champ! Very little $$ spent on unexpected repair costs. Alternator at 120k was the only "major" item. My aggressive driving still gives 33mpg average, though it also puts me on my 3rd clutch and 2nd set of front brake rotors. Overall, I love this car!!!

An excellent 2-door econocoupe
By SE-R wannabe on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

In over 2 years, I've had just a few unscheduled maintenance issues: a wiper linkage repair, a front-end crankshaft seal, and a dead battery. Total cost: less than $400 (including an oil change) at a Nissan dealership. For this market segment, the car is fun to drive (manual transmission), although more power and a tighter suspension (i.e. the SE-R) would be nice. Despite my fast driving habits, I get between 30 and 35 mpg in city driving (even with the A/C on.) I have K&N, high-flow air filter and a killer aftermarket sound system, and plan to keep the car for at least a couple more years.

100000+
By JT_IB on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200 sx se in june 2001, it had 30,000 miles on it with no previous service repairs. 70,000 miles later it starts on the first try. This car has treated me very well considering all the punishment that i have put it through. This car has treated me very well and very fun to drive.

Wish I could get another one!
By ErikN on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I've owned my Nissan 200sx since May of '97 and have never had ANY problems with it (machanical or otherwise). The engine was always ready to pick up and go, even if I drove her hard through snowy, mudy mountain passes. Still got an average of 35 to 40 mpg and showed no signs of degrading. Unfortunately a wreck took her from me, so now I've got to find another!

Great Little Car
By jbeverly on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought the 200SX when I took a new job with a 50 mile commute. It has never disappointed as a fun little car to drive with great handling, mileage and reliability.

nissan
By shaun on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

car is very economical and the price is perfect not so expensive . it has a very quite engine and the reliability is outstanding .

nissan
By Shaun on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)