1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
Nissan is the only car I will buy
By stephanie on 04/07/09 22:24 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I got the car new it had 8 miles on it.The only thing I had to replace since.I had the car was the battery clutch and alternator.The car still run great.I still have the car and drive it around town and long distance.Nissan is the only car I will buy because this car has been so good to me with 235000 miles on it.

I loved my 200-SER
By sad2CitGo on 04/25/07 06:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200 SE-R new in 1996. I love the way it drives, the excellent gas mileage, moon roof and durability. Although I had a 4 cyl, because of the engine it felt like a 6. Later I had my son, as he became older he enjoyed pressing the seat release to help him get in and out of the back. I later had to sell it in 2006 with 185,000 miles due to transmission. However, I think that came from letting other people drive it. I was sad to see it go, but thankful for giving me 10 great years as my first car.

SE-R, How I Miss You.
By J Riles on 10/28/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

My first love, I haven't been the same since the accident. Advice to SE-R owners, take care of them. My favorite Civic eater, the performance is superb, the handling is great, and the potential is astonishing. Out of all my cars this was the greatest buy.

Fun Fun Fun
By IsNisLove on 06/22/06 14:07 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I am 16 years old and this is my second car (My first was a '92 Jetta). My parents gave it to me when they got a new car. I am in love with this car. It gets great gas mileage, and has some good power. It accelerates like a monster. I also love how rare this car is. I have traveled from Florida to Michigan and back multiple times and I have only seen 2 or 3 others. I'm really looking forward to getting a job soon and dropping some money into this thing. This car is definitely very fun to drive. It's extremely comfortable and its power can really surprise people. Like many others have said, its only real flaw is the cupholders, which are placed in a really bad spot, and pretty small.

Good Car Fun to drive
By Finefrock on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I just recently bought this car at an auction in ohio... its been about 3 months and ive put about 10000 miles on it... the car has now almost 130000 mile on it and still huals A**... i bought the car and had to do a full brake job and just a regular tune-up but since then i have been nothing but happy with this sporty little car... i recommend this car to anyone who does alot of driving... i personally get 29 mpg on avg... the only problem i get is the transmission doesnt seem to want to let me downshift to 2nd when going around turns but other than that i love this car its definetly a keeper...

Size of a lemur, heart of a LION!!
By TomaCzar on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

This vehicle has spoiled me. I'm afraid to get another car because I love this one so much. If I weren't 6'6" I'd keep this car forever. If you get one, check and make sure the recall on the winshield wipers was done. If not just take it to a dealership and voila!! No hassles. I life in Upstate NY and the vehicle is GREAT in the snow. Tires make a big difference but I get lazy and don't like to plow, Snowcat (my name for her) plows right through for me. I have bottomed out a few times, LOTS of potholes where I'm from. I don't see that as a fault of the vehicle, just something to keep in mind.

Gotta have a NISSAN
By agoostrey on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I absolutley love my Nissan, it has been the very best car I have ever owned. The only problem is that I just recently had another baby. With one it's great but(a four year old who can climb in and buckle herself), two no way. My husband and I are really at odds about trading it in for a four door. I love my car and really want to keep it.

Great Car
By nissan lover on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I've been driving my Se-R for about 4 and a half years now and it is still a pleasure to drive. It has never given me any mechanical problems and beyond general oil changes and 1 set of tires I haven't had to spend an extra dime on it. I love this car, and plan to drive it for a long time to come. Sporty, comfortable, and fuel efficient. This car rocks. If you can find one, I highly recommend it.

Civic lovers beware...
By Nissan Boy on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I am 17 years old and this is pretty much my first car. Nissan gave the SE- R the SR20DE engine which is the same engine used in many japanese turbo performance applications. The engine has a long heritage of racing and street performance that nissan has brought to the US. This car is bomb proof and ultra reliable. Every aspect is fun about it (even working on it). The SE-R is fast and nimble which can easily compete with equivilant hondas (i.e. civic). If you like imports, this is a VERY good bet. Be careful of the performance bug (its easy to spend lots of money on upgrades for this car).

SE-R Near Perfection...
By Professor on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

Nothing but good news to report about this vehicle. Nice looking, good milage, and enough pep to satisfy. Handling is superb. Paint still looks new to this day without much upkeep. Just plain well thought out...