1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
I love my 200SX SE!
By modee on 02/16/11 19:59 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200SX SE new in '96. It's now almost 15 with 100,000 miles on it. It's been very reliable and still looks great (it has gathered a few door dings over the years and the clear coat has started to peel in two spots). I love the way it looks and the way it drives. Although I recently had to upgrade to an SUV, due to my growing family, I decided to keep it...the car is simply worth much more to me than what a dealership would give for a trade in. When it's just me (no kid or dogs) I leave the SUV at home and take my first baby.

Killer car
By DR on 04/09/10 12:34 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

This car now has over 250K and still runs like a champ. It consistently gets 40 mpg. It handles like a Porsche when dodging things on the road. Winter driving is exceptional. New clutch at 180K, new water pump at 210K. Just rear-ended, minor flaking on bumper. Don't think I'll have it fixed as insurance company might try total it out just because of the bumper damage(cosmetic). Guy with the new Altima wasn't as lucky.

my little ninja
By Tea on 06/29/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my teal nissan in '02 when I graduated high school. I put on 22,857 miles per year for 7 years. No major problems till this past year. I'm looking for another nissan because this lasted to 160,000 miles. I loved it, and hate to see it go

Nissan is the only car I will buy
By stephanie on 04/07/09 22:24 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I got the car new it had 8 miles on it.The only thing I had to replace since.I had the car was the battery clutch and alternator.The car still run great.I still have the car and drive it around town and long distance.Nissan is the only car I will buy because this car has been so good to me with 235000 miles on it.

211000 miles and still going.
By vexed9 on 04/27/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

bought this car new in 96... now 12 years and 211000 miles later engine still runs good.it has had an oil leak now for about 100000 miles though(has always been a pain)...and a few minor repairs...changed cv joints,starter,alternator,front tie rods,tires and the routine maintenance and that's really about it. never once changed the clutch or timing belt...because it is a chain. a/c still blows cold as ice. this car has been through everything with me over the years... i finally bought a new car and i'm selling it ...people at my work are literally fighting over the chance to buy it....overall has been a great car.

I loved my 200-SER
By sad2CitGo on 04/25/07 06:09 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200 SE-R new in 1996. I love the way it drives, the excellent gas mileage, moon roof and durability. Although I had a 4 cyl, because of the engine it felt like a 6. Later I had my son, as he became older he enjoyed pressing the seat release to help him get in and out of the back. I later had to sell it in 2006 with 185,000 miles due to transmission. However, I think that came from letting other people drive it. I was sad to see it go, but thankful for giving me 10 great years as my first car.

Nice & Cheap
By Maxachico on 12/11/06 09:23 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I have owned 2 of this style 200SX, and I have no complaints with either. The first one I had was an automatic, and it needed a little work, but $200 later it was a good daily driver. The second one I've owned (and still have) is very nice. It is a 5-speed, and that alone made it Twice as fun to drive! The 1.6 gets me around good enough. I can't brag enough about the fuel mileage. It has roughly 190K miles and still gets about 30-32 mpg. The biggest issue I've had with this one is replacing main seals, and other random gaskets, but it is a high mileage car! No signs of trouble to come. I need 4 doors now, so I'll probably get the Sentra version of this car. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

96 Nissan
By DJ on 11/17/06 08:27 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2dr Coupe

Excellent in reliability, fuel economy and mechanical reliability. During the past 3 years only breaks and a wiper connecting arm has been replaced. Easy access to the rear seats. Fun to drive with the manual transmission. Would buy another one.

SE-R, How I Miss You.
By J Riles on 10/28/06 17:43 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

My first love, I haven't been the same since the accident. Advice to SE-R owners, take care of them. My favorite Civic eater, the performance is superb, the handling is great, and the potential is astonishing. Out of all my cars this was the greatest buy.

Fun Fun Fun
By IsNisLove on 06/22/06 14:07 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX Coupe SE-R 2dr Coupe

I am 16 years old and this is my second car (My first was a '92 Jetta). My parents gave it to me when they got a new car. I am in love with this car. It gets great gas mileage, and has some good power. It accelerates like a monster. I also love how rare this car is. I have traveled from Florida to Michigan and back multiple times and I have only seen 2 or 3 others. I'm really looking forward to getting a job soon and dropping some money into this thing. This car is definitely very fun to drive. It's extremely comfortable and its power can really surprise people. Like many others have said, its only real flaw is the cupholders, which are placed in a really bad spot, and pretty small.