Used 1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Nissan 200sx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:

Nissan is the only car I will buy
By stephanie

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I got the car new it had 8 miles on it.The only thing I had to replace since.I had the car was the battery clutch and alternator.The car still run great.I still have the car and drive it around town and long distance.Nissan is the only car I will buy because this car has been so good to me with 235000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

sun roof and motor 2.0 feel like you are driving a v6 and the way the car looks

Suggested Improvements

Hate were the cup holder are on the car.And no armrest in the back

I loved my 200-SER
By sad2CitGo

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200 SE-R new in 1996. I love the way it drives, the excellent gas mileage, moon roof and durability. Although I had a 4 cyl, because of the engine it felt like a 6. Later I had my son, as he became older he enjoyed pressing the seat release to help him get in and out of the back. I later had to sell it in 2006 with 185,000 miles due to transmission. However, I think that came from letting other people drive it. I was sad to see it go, but thankful for giving me 10 great years as my first car.

Favorite Features

I enjoyed the moon roof, leg room and comfort since I was always on the highway and constantly stuck in ATL traffic. With that in mind, can I say great gas mileage once more.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the cup holders, back seat armrest. I didn't care to hear as much road noise. But when I consider all other things offered that was minor. Nissan should start remaking them. Excellent little cars!!

SE-R, How I Miss You.
By J Riles

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

My first love, I haven't been the same since the accident. Advice to SE-R owners, take care of them. My favorite Civic eater, the performance is superb, the handling is great, and the potential is astonishing. Out of all my cars this was the greatest buy.

Favorite Features

Everything! Thanks Nissan

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any for a 1996 it was pretty damn good.

Fun Fun Fun
By IsNisLove

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I am 16 years old and this is my second car (My first was a '92 Jetta). My parents gave it to me when they got a new car. I am in love with this car. It gets great gas mileage, and has some good power. It accelerates like a monster. I also love how rare this car is. I have traveled from Florida to Michigan and back multiple times and I have only seen 2 or 3 others. I'm really looking forward to getting a job soon and dropping some money into this thing. This car is definitely very fun to drive. It's extremely comfortable and its power can really surprise people. Like many others have said, its only real flaw is the cupholders, which are placed in a really bad spot, and pretty small.

Favorite Features

Power sunroof, comfortable, engine.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders are too small and in a bad spot (especially if you have the 5-Speed).

Good Car Fun to drive
By Finefrock

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I just recently bought this car at an auction in ohio... its been about 3 months and ive put about 10000 miles on it... the car has now almost 130000 mile on it and still huals A**... i bought the car and had to do a full brake job and just a regular tune-up but since then i have been nothing but happy with this sporty little car... i recommend this car to anyone who does alot of driving... i personally get 29 mpg on avg... the only problem i get is the transmission doesnt seem to want to let me downshift to 2nd when going around turns but other than that i love this car its definetly a keeper...

Favorite Features

lot of engine for little car... comfortably seats 3 ppl... GOTTA HAVE THE 5 SPEED!!!!!!!!!!! and power sunroof...

Suggested Improvements

cup holder is insanely small... need a transmission that can handle upgrade to the engine without stripping gears...!!!!!!!!!!!