Used 1996 Nissan 200SX SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:

I love my 200SX SE!
By modee

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200SX SE new in '96. It's now almost 15 with 100,000 miles on it. It's been very reliable and still looks great (it has gathered a few door dings over the years and the clear coat has started to peel in two spots). I love the way it looks and the way it drives. Although I recently had to upgrade to an SUV, due to my growing family, I decided to keep it...the car is simply worth much more to me than what a dealership would give for a trade in. When it's just me (no kid or dogs) I leave the SUV at home and take my first baby.

Killer car
By DR

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

This car now has over 250K and still runs like a champ. It consistently gets 40 mpg. It handles like a Porsche when dodging things on the road. Winter driving is exceptional. New clutch at 180K, new water pump at 210K. Just rear-ended, minor flaking on bumper. Don't think I'll have it fixed as insurance company might try total it out just because of the bumper damage(cosmetic). Guy with the new Altima wasn't as lucky.

My dogs love the car, treat it as a chewable, especially the stick shift and emergency brake handle

my little ninja
By Tea

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my teal nissan in '02 when I graduated high school. I put on 22,857 miles per year for 7 years. No major problems till this past year. I'm looking for another nissan because this lasted to 160,000 miles. I loved it, and hate to see it go

manual transmission

comfort

211000 miles and still going.
By vexed9

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

bought this car new in 96... now 12 years and 211000 miles later engine still runs good.it has had an oil leak now for about 100000 miles though(has always been a pain)...and a few minor repairs...changed cv joints,starter,alternator,front tie rods,tires and the routine maintenance and that's really about it. never once changed the clutch or timing belt...because it is a chain. a/c still blows cold as ice. this car has been through everything with me over the years... i finally bought a new car and i'm selling it ...people at my work are literally fighting over the chance to buy it....overall has been a great car.

moonroof...great gas mileage.

car began leaking oil at about 100000 miles...other than that has been very good car.

Nice & Cheap
By Maxachico

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have owned 2 of this style 200SX, and I have no complaints with either. The first one I had was an automatic, and it needed a little work, but $200 later it was a good daily driver. The second one I've owned (and still have) is very nice. It is a 5-speed, and that alone made it Twice as fun to drive! The 1.6 gets me around good enough. I can't brag enough about the fuel mileage. It has roughly 190K miles and still gets about 30-32 mpg. The biggest issue I've had with this one is replacing main seals, and other random gaskets, but it is a high mileage car! No signs of trouble to come. I need 4 doors now, so I'll probably get the Sentra version of this car. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

I would say the Manual Tranny FOR SURE! The sunroof is nice, and the buttons and switches are simple and easy to reach. GREAT Reliability!!!!

more supportive seats, but overall a good bargain.