1996 Nissan 200SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
I love my 200SX SE!
By modee on 02/16/11 19:59 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200SX SE new in '96. It's now almost 15 with 100,000 miles on it. It's been very reliable and still looks great (it has gathered a few door dings over the years and the clear coat has started to peel in two spots). I love the way it looks and the way it drives. Although I recently had to upgrade to an SUV, due to my growing family, I decided to keep it...the car is simply worth much more to me than what a dealership would give for a trade in. When it's just me (no kid or dogs) I leave the SUV at home and take my first baby.

Killer car
By DR on 04/09/10 12:34 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

This car now has over 250K and still runs like a champ. It consistently gets 40 mpg. It handles like a Porsche when dodging things on the road. Winter driving is exceptional. New clutch at 180K, new water pump at 210K. Just rear-ended, minor flaking on bumper. Don't think I'll have it fixed as insurance company might try total it out just because of the bumper damage(cosmetic). Guy with the new Altima wasn't as lucky.

my little ninja
By Tea on 06/29/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my teal nissan in '02 when I graduated high school. I put on 22,857 miles per year for 7 years. No major problems till this past year. I'm looking for another nissan because this lasted to 160,000 miles. I loved it, and hate to see it go

211000 miles and still going.
By vexed9 on 04/27/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

bought this car new in 96... now 12 years and 211000 miles later engine still runs good.it has had an oil leak now for about 100000 miles though(has always been a pain)...and a few minor repairs...changed cv joints,starter,alternator,front tie rods,tires and the routine maintenance and that's really about it. never once changed the clutch or timing belt...because it is a chain. a/c still blows cold as ice. this car has been through everything with me over the years... i finally bought a new car and i'm selling it ...people at my work are literally fighting over the chance to buy it....overall has been a great car.

Nice & Cheap
By Maxachico on 12/11/06 09:23 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have owned 2 of this style 200SX, and I have no complaints with either. The first one I had was an automatic, and it needed a little work, but $200 later it was a good daily driver. The second one I've owned (and still have) is very nice. It is a 5-speed, and that alone made it Twice as fun to drive! The 1.6 gets me around good enough. I can't brag enough about the fuel mileage. It has roughly 190K miles and still gets about 30-32 mpg. The biggest issue I've had with this one is replacing main seals, and other random gaskets, but it is a high mileage car! No signs of trouble to come. I need 4 doors now, so I'll probably get the Sentra version of this car. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Fun little sporty car!
By Chet on 03/21/05 19:12 PM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

Bought this car at 46K from a dealer in early 1999 - it's now at 123K. Have really enjoyed driving it. Lots of pep for a car that gets almost 40 MPG on the highway. Replaced alternator and starter at around 110K. Am giving it to my daughter who is in college away from home.

This car is a real money saver
By olegarch on 01/04/05 00:12 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have owned my 1996 Nissan Altima since 2002 and have never had any problems with it. I just changed the CV boot and generator belt at 60,000 miles. It handles high speeds very well - I'm talking about 85 - 100 mph - and its greast off the line with a manual transmission. Overall this is great car: reliable, fun to drive, and keeps your wallet full.

Worthy Nissan
By Import Lover on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have had this car a year and two months. Over that time I have put 29,000 miles on this car. Bought with 85,000 now have 114,000 miles on it. I have never had any problems but regular scheduled maintence. When i first purhcased the car I fully tuned it up and have not had any problems. Found out by my mechanic the car was wrecked in the front and back and the car still runs good. I have driven the car to North and South Carolina, Philly, and my everyday driving. Car averages 32-35 miles per gallon.

sporty car--fast--good gas mileage
By stanislaw on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

bought it used in 2002---traded in a camry with 160,000 miles in need of 5,000 in repairs---saved the repairs bought the 200sx with the money. since 10/2002 i put on 24,000 miles-- had to put new brakes and struts and a cv boot since the purchase--along with a wheel alignment and new rotors!!!!!!

I'm going to miss my baby
By nobe1152 on 02/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

Had the car since 1999 & enjoyed driving it in 2004 as much as I did the first day I go it. I've driven over 107,000 miles & never had problems. Besides rountine maint., the car's reliable and just really cute. I have to part from it due to an accident..hit in the back by a SUV. Get this, it still runs great!! If it weren't for the insurance comp. demanding to total my car, I'd drive this thing another 145,000 miles. Oh well, gonna miss my baby....moving on to a Toyota Solara V6 SLE..