Used 1996 Nissan 200SX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:

I love my 200SX SE!
By modee

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200SX SE new in '96. It's now almost 15 with 100,000 miles on it. It's been very reliable and still looks great (it has gathered a few door dings over the years and the clear coat has started to peel in two spots). I love the way it looks and the way it drives. Although I recently had to upgrade to an SUV, due to my growing family, I decided to keep it...the car is simply worth much more to me than what a dealership would give for a trade in. When it's just me (no kid or dogs) I leave the SUV at home and take my first baby.

Killer car
By DR

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

This car now has over 250K and still runs like a champ. It consistently gets 40 mpg. It handles like a Porsche when dodging things on the road. Winter driving is exceptional. New clutch at 180K, new water pump at 210K. Just rear-ended, minor flaking on bumper. Don't think I'll have it fixed as insurance company might try total it out just because of the bumper damage(cosmetic). Guy with the new Altima wasn't as lucky.

Favorite Features

My dogs love the car, treat it as a chewable, especially the stick shift and emergency brake handle

my little ninja
By Tea

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my teal nissan in '02 when I graduated high school. I put on 22,857 miles per year for 7 years. No major problems till this past year. I'm looking for another nissan because this lasted to 160,000 miles. I loved it, and hate to see it go

Favorite Features

manual transmission

Suggested Improvements

comfort

Nissan is the only car I will buy
By stephanie

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I got the car new it had 8 miles on it.The only thing I had to replace since.I had the car was the battery clutch and alternator.The car still run great.I still have the car and drive it around town and long distance.Nissan is the only car I will buy because this car has been so good to me with 235000 miles on it.

Favorite Features

sun roof and motor 2.0 feel like you are driving a v6 and the way the car looks

Suggested Improvements

Hate were the cup holder are on the car.And no armrest in the back

211000 miles and still going.
By vexed9

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

bought this car new in 96... now 12 years and 211000 miles later engine still runs good.it has had an oil leak now for about 100000 miles though(has always been a pain)...and a few minor repairs...changed cv joints,starter,alternator,front tie rods,tires and the routine maintenance and that's really about it. never once changed the clutch or timing belt...because it is a chain. a/c still blows cold as ice. this car has been through everything with me over the years... i finally bought a new car and i'm selling it ...people at my work are literally fighting over the chance to buy it....overall has been a great car.

Favorite Features

moonroof...great gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

car began leaking oil at about 100000 miles...other than that has been very good car.