Used 1996 Nissan 200SX Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:

450000 miles and still going
By Dale W Clark

1996 Nissan 200SX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new as a left over in March of 97. I was a Navy Seabee reservist and drove from cost to cost for the next 17 years. I have hit 4 deer and one jeep and the jeep just put a scratch on my front bumper but the deer did several thousand $$$$$ damage each time, but the value of the car was still high enough that the insurance company fixed it. Since I have retired I have continued to drive my Nissan 200sx as it still gets 53 mpg going over the Rockies. I get 45+ on local trips. Yes, I have rebuilt the engine just recently and replaced the 5 speed trany, wore the 5th gear teeth off and the 4th gear down also. I got 235000 miles out of the original timing chain. If you have one of these cars, keep it its worth it weight in gold as far as I'm concerned. I just replaced a length of brake line and a section of AC pressure line. AC will freeze you. Heater is so good I leave it set on low and still lower the window some. I have a MB and even though it is a great car my Nissan is my choice for me when I'm alone for the ride. Its like the everyready battery commercial "It just keeps going, going, going."

I love my 200SX SE!
By modee

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200SX SE new in '96. It's now almost 15 with 100,000 miles on it. It's been very reliable and still looks great (it has gathered a few door dings over the years and the clear coat has started to peel in two spots). I love the way it looks and the way it drives. Although I recently had to upgrade to an SUV, due to my growing family, I decided to keep it...the car is simply worth much more to me than what a dealership would give for a trade in. When it's just me (no kid or dogs) I leave the SUV at home and take my first baby.

Killer car
By DR

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

This car now has over 250K and still runs like a champ. It consistently gets 40 mpg. It handles like a Porsche when dodging things on the road. Winter driving is exceptional. New clutch at 180K, new water pump at 210K. Just rear-ended, minor flaking on bumper. Don't think I'll have it fixed as insurance company might try total it out just because of the bumper damage(cosmetic). Guy with the new Altima wasn't as lucky.

My dogs love the car, treat it as a chewable, especially the stick shift and emergency brake handle

my little ninja
By Tea

1996 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my teal nissan in '02 when I graduated high school. I put on 22,857 miles per year for 7 years. No major problems till this past year. I'm looking for another nissan because this lasted to 160,000 miles. I loved it, and hate to see it go

manual transmission

comfort

Nissan is the only car I will buy
By stephanie

1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

I got the car new it had 8 miles on it.The only thing I had to replace since.I had the car was the battery clutch and alternator.The car still run great.I still have the car and drive it around town and long distance.Nissan is the only car I will buy because this car has been so good to me with 235000 miles on it.

sun roof and motor 2.0 feel like you are driving a v6 and the way the car looks

Hate were the cup holder are on the car.And no armrest in the back