1995 Nissan 200SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
Long Life to Come
By Thunder on 08/08/09 01:01 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my Nissan 200sx in March and it is the best. I have had no major problems with it at all. I need a new muffler thanks to my driveway and a bottle of refrigerant for the A/C. I absolutely love this car. It was my first car and i plan to run her til it dies on me completely. Currently, the odometer is displaying 255,000!!! Change the oil and you'll be fine.

First Nissan Good Car
By Mike on 02/27/09 10:24 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I think this car is great to have, I bought like a week ago for 1300, w/ 111000 miles on it. It runs great, good on gas, and reliable. I gotta go against everyone on this though I love where the cupholders beats the civics, after all I have had Hondas. I like the performance for a 1.6 and the interior such as the seats very comfortable. I have back problems and the seats are better than integra seats. I am mad though because I keep getting check engine due to (EGR) Electronic Gas Recirculation reading on ecu.

Stranded
By Jennifer Wolberg on 04/10/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I've had my Nissan for 12 years and it's a great car except for the fact that I have had it in the dealership twice because of some type of short in the system that causes it to shut off driving down the road usually at below freezing temps. I've replaced the alternator and I have to replace the battery every year and the dealership still cannot figure out what the problem is. I would buy another Nissan if someone could figure why I keep having this problem. Very dependable in summer time!

Loved My Nissan
By Michael on 04/08/06 15:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I purchased this 200SX new from dealership in CA. Moved home to NC and drove all the way. In 8 years I put 200K on this car. Other than normal maintenance, the alternator was the only thing I ever replaced. I gave this car to my sister 2 years ago and she's still driving. I'm convinced if it has lasted her 2 years, I could have driven it 10 more. She only knows how to pump gas and drive. I regret the day I parted with this car. I'm searching for another today. I am a Nissan fan, with 3 others in my drive.

Well built car.
By BaylentheSky on 09/21/05 14:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200SX-SE for a total of $3200 after all the repairs/maintenance I needed to do (new tires, battery...) Overall very happy with my purchase, especially in this age where gas costs over $3/gallon. Zippy at above 4000rpm, not so stellar if you're below that sweet spot. Love the sunroof although it rattles and squeaks when driven over bumpy roads. Has AC problems (won't blow at any speed but 4, common with 1995 models) but easily repaired by yourself, just locate the resistor under the glove compartment and replace it with a new one. Car feels cheap, well, it is cheap :D but I don't really mind that.

good
By Le'Ray Warrior on 11/24/04 19:39 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I have had pretty good experience with this vehicle... besides the broken axle... but that was my fault for trying to drift in a front wheel drive car in the rain. I have no probs.... never had a prob, and I dont think that any problems will occur with this vehicle

This is a very good car.
By Just another owner on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

We are selling our 200sx/se after 10 years of flawless reliable service. Alternator replacement is the only major mechanical issue in 10 years. Maintained as recommended. The car is anemic with the A/C on when entering the freeway, though in the winter the heater is warm as toast after 2 minutes. We had the 5 speed-in my opinion the only way to go (fun factor). The mileage is phenomenal-I pulled 32 city consistently, 40 plus on the highway (are you listening Detroit??). After 10 years, it was time to move on but I'm sure there's another 100 thousand miles left. I would recommend this car as a used car anytime to anyone.

why'd they stop making these cars?
By angelbb on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

i bought my 200sx-se in june of this year and, so far, it is a very reliable car. i got a good deal, 2,550 for 57,000 miles at the time. since then, i have driven to 64000 and i haven't really had a problem. they only mechanical defect is something with the air system. it blows a/c and heat but only on speed 4 and i can't run the a/c because the car will shut off. (by the way, if any one know why, let me know!)

Great little car
By Madhan on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I am driving a 200SX SE with 150K and drives just fine. It's a great car, the mileage is pretty good topping above 40mpg in hghways and a reliable little one. Engine is little sluggish when aircon is one , but its a dependable car.

Hangin' in there!
By Grammarye on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

Paid $4k for my '95 200SX SE, w/130kmi on it...was freaking out the night I drove it home over pot-holey roads due to the squeaking and clunking...but as days went by and I got my CD player in there and my mechanic assured me it was fine, I slowly got used to it. It now has 150kmi on it, and I've replaced the clutch, the front struts/shocks, and am now looking at replacing the left front axle and the rear struts, etc. However, if I can't find something I like the feel of better (I'm really surprised 'cause it shifts poorly and the seat's totally uncomfortable), I'll just keep putting $ into it until it dies!