1995 Nissan 200SX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200SX model:
First Car
By ccallaghan on 10/18/14 00:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in August 2012 with 96,000km's, and I had it until September 2014 at 123,000km's when it was stolen and totalled. This is one of the best first cars ever. Not enough power to kill anyone but I was able to get my first speeding ticket in this beauty. She handles with ease, transports my friends no problems at all, and can transport all my camping gear. I wish she never got stolen but time to move on sadly enough.

Long Life to Come
By Thunder on 08/08/09 01:01 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my Nissan 200sx in March and it is the best. I have had no major problems with it at all. I need a new muffler thanks to my driveway and a bottle of refrigerant for the A/C. I absolutely love this car. It was my first car and i plan to run her til it dies on me completely. Currently, the odometer is displaying 255,000!!! Change the oil and you'll be fine.

Best used Car ever
By Alex on 07/04/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

Mine is stick and punches when I use the gas pedal, fun to drive excellent car for work, handling is very good and easy to maneuver. If you want more power look for the se-r model big power for a little car. Very fun to drive .

First Nissan Good Car
By Mike on 02/27/09 10:24 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I think this car is great to have, I bought like a week ago for 1300, w/ 111000 miles on it. It runs great, good on gas, and reliable. I gotta go against everyone on this though I love where the cupholders beats the civics, after all I have had Hondas. I like the performance for a 1.6 and the interior such as the seats very comfortable. I have back problems and the seats are better than integra seats. I am mad though because I keep getting check engine due to (EGR) Electronic Gas Recirculation reading on ecu.

Reliable Longterm Performer!
By sy on 04/10/07 18:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

Outstanding daily driver requiring little more than regular maintenance.

Stranded
By Jennifer Wolberg on 04/10/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I've had my Nissan for 12 years and it's a great car except for the fact that I have had it in the dealership twice because of some type of short in the system that causes it to shut off driving down the road usually at below freezing temps. I've replaced the alternator and I have to replace the battery every year and the dealership still cannot figure out what the problem is. I would buy another Nissan if someone could figure why I keep having this problem. Very dependable in summer time!

Indestructible!!
By tmbriggs on 01/17/07 10:01 AM (PST)

1995 Nissan 200SX 2dr Coupe

I bought it brand new. First new car I owned and I can say after almost 11 years stills run fantastic! Still original clutch, just replaced CV joint axles after 161,000 miles. Only gripe is the windshield wiper motor went out after about 145,000 miles. Cost $80 though so not too bad. Should run 300k miles no problem!

My great first car
By Nissan fan2 on 07/08/06 11:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R 2dr Coupe

This was my first car ever and I was nervous. Never thought I would be buying a "sporty" car. This is the greatest car though. No major repairs, fuel efficient, enough space for a Xmas tree. I hope it will last another 10 years. I am thinking about finding some used just in case I need the parts. Nissan indeed should bring this car back. Why not? I never want anything else!

Loved My Nissan
By Michael on 04/08/06 15:33 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I purchased this 200SX new from dealership in CA. Moved home to NC and drove all the way. In 8 years I put 200K on this car. Other than normal maintenance, the alternator was the only thing I ever replaced. I gave this car to my sister 2 years ago and she's still driving. I'm convinced if it has lasted her 2 years, I could have driven it 10 more. She only knows how to pump gas and drive. I regret the day I parted with this car. I'm searching for another today. I am a Nissan fan, with 3 others in my drive.

Well built car.
By BaylentheSky on 09/21/05 14:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan 200SX SE 2dr Coupe

I bought my 200SX-SE for a total of $3200 after all the repairs/maintenance I needed to do (new tires, battery...) Overall very happy with my purchase, especially in this age where gas costs over $3/gallon. Zippy at above 4000rpm, not so stellar if you're below that sweet spot. Love the sunroof although it rattles and squeaks when driven over bumpy roads. Has AC problems (won't blow at any speed but 4, common with 1995 models) but easily repaired by yourself, just locate the resistor under the glove compartment and replace it with a new one. Car feels cheap, well, it is cheap :D but I don't really mind that.