Used 1990 Mitsubishi Sigma Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Mitsubishi Sigma - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (3 reviews )

Good car, rare
By Ian

1990 Mitsubishi Sigma 4dr Sedan

I bought the car for about 3k when I was 17. I liked the look of it and me and my soon to be wife needed a bigger car and anticipating the birth of twin boys. Car has been awesome, it had great get up and go, comfortable. I bought it with 65,000 on it and it has 260,000 now. 3 kids and 10 years later still going strong - just put new paint job on it. I love how people look at it when they see it - no one knows what it is.

Good, smooth v6, very comfortable, wonderful family car.

Parts are expensive, but I found u can still get them cheap.

Superbly Satisfied with my Sigma
By ProudSigmaOwner

1990 Mitsubishi Sigma 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '90 Sigma for about seven years or so and I've been extremely happy with the car, save for the high cost of parts (although, maintenance is a rare thing, as most of the parts last a long, long time.) The interior is, by far, roomier than any comparable 4-door I've ever been in. The exterior is distinctive without being gaudy. The engine, with 173,000 miles on it, runs just as good as it did 20,000 miles ago. The only issue I'm having at the moment (besides the need for body repair) is the transmission, which is starting to slip. Past that, this is an absolutely wonderful car. On a side note: the reason parts are so expensive is because it was a limited production car for the US. :)

Everything, really. I love the in-steering wheel stereo controls, all other controls readily accesible, plush interior, great handling, superb supension... It even has a little cubby built into the drop down arm rest for the back seat and felt covered plastic (you know, the plastic between the windows?) Plush!

About the only improvement for the Sigma that I would have suggested would be to perhaps advertise it more when it was first introduced in the US. As I said above, it's a relatively rare car, which makes getting parts difficult and expensive. But, if you know basic auto repair, you can save on labor.

Nice car, but expensive to maintain
By Former_Sigma_Owner

1990 Mitsubishi Sigma 4dr Sedan

The problem with the Sigma is that it was only made for two years and didn't sell very well, so parts are scarce and expensive. Items that would cost $150 on a Camry or Accord could easily be $400 on the Sigma. My Sigma also had recurring front end problems, each front axle has been replaced twice over the years, and it wasn't cheap. Other than that, the car is extremely well made and reliable, the V6 engine is a marvel, body integrity is superb, and the leather interior is very luxurious. I drove my Sigma for 8 years before trading it in, and was sad to let it go, despite the high maintenance costs.