2008 Mitsubishi Raider Consumer Review: Most disappointing Mitsubishi

2008 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Review

LS Double Cab (3.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.3 ft. Bed)

Most disappointing Mitsubishi
By fraggledrock on

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was a devoted Mitsubishi owner because my Mighty Max served me so well for 15 years & over 200K miles until it was totaled. I bought a 2008 Raider expecting the same durability & have never been so wrong! At 62K miles the Raider has major mechanical issues - bearing failure in the rear differential. To make matters worse the component isn't repairable & requires complete component replacement. Unlike most 2008 models from Mitsubishi, these units do not have a 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranty a clear statement of no confidence by the manufacturer.

Although I appreciate the comfort including a much improved heating system, significantly more interior space and a more car like ride, I'd trade it all for the reliability I'd come to expect from Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi needs to acknowledge their responsibilities and assist consumers by providing help with repairs on these clearly substandard vehicles!