Used 2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Reviews

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Raider model:

Most disappointing Mitsubishi
By fraggledrock

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was a devoted Mitsubishi owner because my Mighty Max served me so well for 15 years & over 200K miles until it was totaled. I bought a 2008 Raider expecting the same durability & have never been so wrong! At 62K miles the Raider has major mechanical issues - bearing failure in the rear differential. To make matters worse the component isn't repairable & requires complete component replacement. Unlike most 2008 models from Mitsubishi, these units do not have a 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranty a clear statement of no confidence by the manufacturer.

Favorite Features

Although I appreciate the comfort including a much improved heating system, significantly more interior space and a more car like ride, I'd trade it all for the reliability I'd come to expect from Mitsubishi.

Suggested Improvements

Mitsubishi needs to acknowledge their responsibilities and assist consumers by providing help with repairs on these clearly substandard vehicles!

Nice pickup truck
By raul

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is very smooth and quiet. For the price I paid I am very happy, I really like this little truck.

Favorite Features

Exterior design. Road handling is great. The warranty and road hazard warranty is excellent for this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel consumption, improve the start off power.

It's a Truck??
By Kusch

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing that makes this a truck is a bed and a bumper hitch!! Granted, at the time of purchase, I was looking for an SUV, after years of driving a Full Size F150. So, I settled for 50/50. I loved it, until I bought a boat. After a few months of towing on the weekends.......things started going wrong. I figured I'd save up the problems and turn it in for service and warranty at the one year mark. It's at the dealership now...and I'm waiting...and waiting... The service and warranty are great, they just had alot of stuff to fix. Bottom line, if you want a truck, buy a truck. If you want a nice looking 4 dr, but this truck. Do not treat it like your last pick-up, as it won't last long.

Favorite Features

Interior and Exterior design, wheel and rim size. It is roomy for a midsize. Warranty and Service of Mitsubishi

Suggested Improvements

Tranny for towing...get away from the cheap plastic parts...HD rear bumper. The hitch holds great, but the bumper bends!

Good option at a good price
By Dave

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Although my Raider (rebadged Dakota) may not compete with some of the more refined trucks in its class, the Raider is an excellent choice for the price. The V6 provides decent power, the interior is roomy, and the features are simple to use. For the price and what I get in return, this vehicle is a good option.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior. Decent power, 3.7 V6 is a proven engine from Dodge. Interior features are easy to use. Comfortable seats. Attractive styling.

Suggested Improvements

Highway ride a little unrefined. Poor gas mileage, but competitive in class. Cheap plastics. No V8 option for the Mitsubishi version.

First truck
By 1truck

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and I like it. So as for the mileage still trying to get a handle on it but it seems to be around 17 or 18 in town. I thought the 40/20/40 bench seat would be awful but it surprised me and makes you believe that you have bucket seats. Like the storage in the armrest. So far I am happy with it and it looks good.

Favorite Features

The exterior, interior and wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls in steering wheel and even though I like the front seat arrangement, if I were any bigger it could be a tight fit. Back seat storage could be deeper and getting the jack out could be simpler.