2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Raider model:
Most disappointing Mitsubishi
By fraggledrock on 06/24/12 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was a devoted Mitsubishi owner because my Mighty Max served me so well for 15 years & over 200K miles until it was totaled. I bought a 2008 Raider expecting the same durability & have never been so wrong! At 62K miles the Raider has major mechanical issues - bearing failure in the rear differential. To make matters worse the component isn't repairable & requires complete component replacement. Unlike most 2008 models from Mitsubishi, these units do not have a 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranty a clear statement of no confidence by the manufacturer.

Nice pickup truck
By raul on 09/29/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is very smooth and quiet. For the price I paid I am very happy, I really like this little truck.

It's a Truck??
By Kusch on 07/31/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing that makes this a truck is a bed and a bumper hitch!! Granted, at the time of purchase, I was looking for an SUV, after years of driving a Full Size F150. So, I settled for 50/50. I loved it, until I bought a boat. After a few months of towing on the weekends.......things started going wrong. I figured I'd save up the problems and turn it in for service and warranty at the one year mark. It's at the dealership now...and I'm waiting...and waiting... The service and warranty are great, they just had alot of stuff to fix. Bottom line, if you want a truck, buy a truck. If you want a nice looking 4 dr, but this truck. Do not treat it like your last pick-up, as it won't last long.

Good option at a good price
By Dave on 06/21/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Although my Raider (rebadged Dakota) may not compete with some of the more refined trucks in its class, the Raider is an excellent choice for the price. The V6 provides decent power, the interior is roomy, and the features are simple to use. For the price and what I get in return, this vehicle is a good option.

First truck
By 1truck on 05/18/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and I like it. So as for the mileage still trying to get a handle on it but it seems to be around 17 or 18 in town. I thought the 40/20/40 bench seat would be awful but it surprised me and makes you believe that you have bucket seats. Like the storage in the armrest. So far I am happy with it and it looks good.

Not What I Expected
By DWilder on 05/10/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the truck just over a month and fuel mileage is not what I expected. Have been told it will get more after some break in, but don't really believe that. Thought I'd get at least 24 on the highway but struggles to get 20. Take off power from dead stand still really slow. Transmission a little clunky. Traded in a 98 Ford F150 and got a pretty good deal but not much improvement on gas mileage. Truck does have nice body and does ride better on rougher roads. Interior features are OK. Like the white background speedometer panel. Has pretty nice interior room. Wished I had looked around some more since fuel prices are so high now and looked at something with better fuel mileage.

Strong truck
By smith on 05/07/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchases this truck less then a month ago. 1st fill up got 19 mpg, mostly highway with ac on. Acceleration is what I expected with a 6cyl, and the ride is very smooth, almost car like. Owned a Colorado previously, and this truck surpasses the Chevy in every category. Manual seat is still comfortable, and had no problem finding a good driving position. Get many looks and compliments, plus the $5500 rebate off of the invoice didn't hurt. Definitely do not regret this purchase..

ok truck
By joe on 05/05/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

For most part, I like the truck, def. No power at all. Love setup, love the comfort and looks and love the height, I have a ram 4x4 with 3" lift and the raider is only an inch or so shorter on height then my 3" lifted ram, so love that. Comes with some good tires Goodyear wranglers. Rims are nice on it as well.

Just don't cut the mustard
By David on 04/15/08 07:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Double Cab LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Had the truck for 3 weeks, 16 mpg no matter how you drive around town..18 on the highway.Truck seems to be solid built but extremely underpowered with the 3.7 v6. Small inside cab as an old day small import is but the outside will fool you as it appears to be a full size truck. Might as well buy a full sized Silverado or F150 concerning the gas mileage and engine size for weight ratio. Had it to do over, would not buy one with the v6 would opt for the v8- then price wise- a Silverado or Ford with a v8 would be cheaper and more comfortable inside. Feels like a 4cyl powered truck. Nice design power train leaves room for beter power to weight ration and definitely pick up-a VW bug will do it in!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.