2008 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Raider model:
Most disappointing Mitsubishi
By fraggledrock on 06/24/12 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was a devoted Mitsubishi owner because my Mighty Max served me so well for 15 years & over 200K miles until it was totaled. I bought a 2008 Raider expecting the same durability & have never been so wrong! At 62K miles the Raider has major mechanical issues - bearing failure in the rear differential. To make matters worse the component isn't repairable & requires complete component replacement. Unlike most 2008 models from Mitsubishi, these units do not have a 10 year 100,000 mile power train warranty a clear statement of no confidence by the manufacturer.

Nice pickup truck
By raul on 09/29/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is very smooth and quiet. For the price I paid I am very happy, I really like this little truck.

Bought new
By Art on 09/28/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Looks great-mileage is still improving, have only 3000 mi on it. Am getting 18 to 20 in town-no hwy. drive yet-handles great-ride is wonderful (car like). Roomy compared to my 02 Ranger XLT-if it proves as reliable as Ranger-will be terrific. Price was right. V-6 Plenty of power for me. Cruising along at 50mph results in no more than 14 to 1500rpm.

It's a Truck??
By Kusch on 07/31/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The only thing that makes this a truck is a bed and a bumper hitch!! Granted, at the time of purchase, I was looking for an SUV, after years of driving a Full Size F150. So, I settled for 50/50. I loved it, until I bought a boat. After a few months of towing on the weekends.......things started going wrong. I figured I'd save up the problems and turn it in for service and warranty at the one year mark. It's at the dealership now...and I'm waiting...and waiting... The service and warranty are great, they just had alot of stuff to fix. Bottom line, if you want a truck, buy a truck. If you want a nice looking 4 dr, but this truck. Do not treat it like your last pick-up, as it won't last long.

Good option at a good price
By Dave on 06/21/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Although my Raider (rebadged Dakota) may not compete with some of the more refined trucks in its class, the Raider is an excellent choice for the price. The V6 provides decent power, the interior is roomy, and the features are simple to use. For the price and what I get in return, this vehicle is a good option.

3 years and Still Awesome
By Tim on 03/15/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my raider in 2006 brand new and after a while I took it upon myself to improve the fuel economy by installing a cold air intake kit that brought me up to getting as much as 24 mpg on the highway and about 19 in the city. The ride is great and comfortable, she's fun to drive and I am going to upgrade it with more parts to help make her more fuel efficient and fun to drive by switching to a performance exhaust and higher performance spark plugs and cables which will be an inexpensive yet effective upgrade. I look forward to many more years of driving my Raider.

I Love My Raider
By Aquawanticee on 12/02/08 17:34 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have only had my truck for 1 day. I fell in love right away. My Raider will be a farm truck and my personal ride to and from work every day. It has all the power a sensible driver needs. I feel certain it will pull a two-horse trailer with no problem.

First truck
By 1truck on 05/18/08 09:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first truck and I like it. So as for the mileage still trying to get a handle on it but it seems to be around 17 or 18 in town. I thought the 40/20/40 bench seat would be awful but it surprised me and makes you believe that you have bucket seats. Like the storage in the armrest. So far I am happy with it and it looks good.

Not What I Expected
By DWilder on 05/10/08 13:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have had the truck just over a month and fuel mileage is not what I expected. Have been told it will get more after some break in, but don't really believe that. Thought I'd get at least 24 on the highway but struggles to get 20. Take off power from dead stand still really slow. Transmission a little clunky. Traded in a 98 Ford F150 and got a pretty good deal but not much improvement on gas mileage. Truck does have nice body and does ride better on rougher roads. Interior features are OK. Like the white background speedometer panel. Has pretty nice interior room. Wished I had looked around some more since fuel prices are so high now and looked at something with better fuel mileage.

Strong truck
By smith on 05/07/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchases this truck less then a month ago. 1st fill up got 19 mpg, mostly highway with ac on. Acceleration is what I expected with a 6cyl, and the ride is very smooth, almost car like. Owned a Colorado previously, and this truck surpasses the Chevy in every category. Manual seat is still comfortable, and had no problem finding a good driving position. Get many looks and compliments, plus the $5500 rebate off of the invoice didn't hurt. Definitely do not regret this purchase..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mitsubishi Raider in NJ is:

$222 per month*