2007 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Raider model:
After 3 Years
By WorldBeFree321 on 08/21/10 13:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Raider truck now for exactly 3 years, I have grown attached to it by now. Last year the lights on the dash went out and the dealer had to replace the entire gadget board. Then about 3 months ago the steering locked, the chip on the key was not longer being recognized by the computer and the steering column had to be removed. It was not the chip on the key it was the computer ion the steering. The worst part is that the Mitsubishi dealer in Fresno, went out of business and closed and the nearest dealer is now about 30 minutes away. I still love my truck, but I probably would get a different truck because of all the trouble that I had with this one.

Good truck inexperienced service
By james2468 on 08/11/10 15:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

INQUIRY DETAILS I have a 2007 Raider extended cab trouble free for so far, 81,000 miles. It's like a Dakota but only 3/4 of the cost and a bit more style.The V6 does not have a lot of power for towing but it sure uses a lot less gas than my F150 did. Quiet and stable on the highway, good trade off between load carrying and ride. I would buy another one. The only thing I would change is the factory Goodyear tires wore out fast and had poor traction in the rain and snow. This truck is basically a dodge underneath and the Mitsubishi dealership knows not much about them. When the truck has 17,000 miles they recommended that the transmission would need some work on warranty.

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 07/03/10 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had always been an avid proponent of Nissan but thought this looked like a good deal. And it was for the first 2 years or so. Then it was one mechanical problem after another. First was the cam sensor. Replaced it twice. Then the catalytic converter broke and had to replace it. Then it wouldn't go into reverse and replaced the rear torque converter and other things. Then the front pump seal went. That's when I called it quits. The worst part about it was I loved everything else about the truck. Even with the full warranty coverage I was tried of taking it in for repairs that took a minimum of 3 days and being left carless. So traded it in for a used Toyota 4runner.

2007 Raider 4WD Double Cab (3.7)
By Rik on 12/04/09 04:13 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've now had this truck for over two years and have used it both as a truck and for transportation. I've had no problems with it. As a matter of fact it is a well built truck with a great design inside and out. I would like a bit more performance (power and fuel economy) and recently installed the K&N filter. I'm curious if adding a performance cat back system would help.

Good deal
By lajestut on 09/30/09 20:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider SE 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought the truck. Was looking for value, and found it in this truck. Original MSRP was $29.5K, but I bought mine for $13.2K, with only 21,000 miles on the odo. Lucky to have found this one. Used Dakotas are selling for more. I guess not too many are aware of this truck. If you're in the market for a Dakota, definitely look at the Mitsu. It's the same truck underneath. By the way, checking the internet is the way to go. My truck was stickered on the lot for $17.9K.

07 Raider SE 4.7L V-8
By Eire on 02/24/09 13:02 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider SE 4dr Double Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Was looking for a Dakota but like others did not like the new front end. After looking at other mid size trucks and comparing the prices decide to go with this one. Love the V-8 and get the same mpg as a V-6 is great. Has good power and the truck rides great. Interior is comfortable and the kids love all the room they have in the back.

Great Price - Great Performance
By RicZ on 11/17/08 17:34 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2007 truck one year ago. I have never regretted it. What attracted me to this truck was the value. I compared all other 4 door trucks - none came close to the price. The nearest truck in its class was $8k more. Other than the Sirius radio, nothing fancy. Good fit and finish. Cloth seats are comfortable. Smooth and quiet ride. The low gear ratio gives it a gutsy feel. The 6 cylinders make the engine responsive - not enough to burn rubber, but confident to pass on the highway. The only downside is the gas mileage - not bad, but not good either. I average around 16-17 in the city and about 18-20 on the highway. Overall, I'm very happy with the performance.

07' Mitsubishi Raider
By brandin on 05/14/08 23:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've now owned my Raider for 7 months now & still dread the day I purchased it. The look & style caught my attention as well as the price, but don't get e wrong looks aren't everything. The truck is durable from impact don't get me wrong, I was in a big car accident, & even through the crash was big, my car came out the barely damaged. On the other hand the other suv was a total loss. Performance is what lacks mostly. Worst truck to go to the mountains. Going uphill took a lot of power & a full tank of gas, as well on the freeway the truck takes a long time to get to the speed limit & a struggle to maintain. The only faults on interior is that the center console tend to break easily.

Can't Go Wrong!
By WorldBeFree321 on 05/14/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I found out that Mits was bringing back the truck I was ecstatic. I have had mine for 9 months and I love everything about it. The Handling is awesome especially on curves. When I drive it if feels like a truck but it has the comfort of a car. The stereo system is among the best for standard equipment, mine came with free satellite radio for a year. The manufactures warranty is also among the best in the market. My kids and I love the room inside the double cab. We have taken it to the coast several times and have has lost of fun. The only thing I would trade is the MPG but hey, itÂ’s a truck. If you are thinking about getting a truck take a look at the Raider.

2007 Raider
By Gil on 04/17/08 10:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 4dr Double Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck for the price. The only complaint I have is that it has some road noise. Other than that I love it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.