2006 Mitsubishi Raider Consumer Review: Give me a RAIDER!

2006 Mitsubishi Raider - Consumer Review

2006 Mitsubishi Raider

Duro Cross V8 Extended Cab Pickup (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic 6.4 ft. Bed)

Give me a RAIDER!
By Todd Bonsang on

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Duro Cross V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just recently purchased my Raider and the very next day I had a cat-back exhaust custom built for it and WOW what a difference. The timid sounding Raider opened WIDE! I also put a k&n filter on it, 33-2175. It costs about $40 for the k&n. Shortly after instaliing the goodies, the performance probably jumped easily 20-25 h.p. So forget about the bigger h.p. Dakota or even the more h.p. V6 Tacoma and Frontier. Because the bottom line is that torque=power and the Raider beats them both stock. And do a mod or two and you'll smoke 'em. I contacted Hypertech about a power programmer also. I can't wait! Another 25-30 horses await. But the bottom line is that you see a Tacoma, Frontier and Dakota on every corner.

The body lines are pure sex appeal with ripped abs! I don't care that there is some plastic in the interior. I think they did a great job and it looks solid. The dash is awesome. And the Alpine sound system is very cool. Bluetooth and Sirius radio also add to the sex appeal.

Open up the exhaust! There is 3 mufflers on this rig. Dump'em. Put a 40 or 50 series flowmaster on it. Trust me. Also put a k&n in it also. WOW! What a difference. It sounds tough as nails.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review