Used 2006 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Raider model:

Good looking, quick, reliable. Excellent value.
By LC

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab Duro Cross V8 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck was priced at half the cost of similar used trucks I looked at (Dodge Ram, Nissan, Toyota, etc) back in 2012. It has a cushy "Cadillac like" ride from the air shocks (pillowy I call it) and is surprisingly quick when you punch the throttle. Excellent brakes have saved my ass numerous times. A good looking truck though the bulging fenders get you dirty if you're leaning in to put something in the bed. Sometimes there's a ghost in the machine's electronics (cruise control sometimes works, sometimes doesn't). It has that annoying steering column problem these models have ($1300 to fix it, no thanks) that squeaks and clunks. The company should do a recall as I refuse to pay that much to fix it. Visibility is poor as the A, B and C pillars are thick (due to the 4 door cab plus configuration). It gets crappy mpg which is weird as the engine purrs along at only 2500 rpm on the highway (16-18mpg highway, 8-12 city). Quiet and easy to drive. I'd buy another because of the excellent used pricing and it has held its value since I purchased it in 2012. Well my dept is paid off so we'll see if I decide to keep it. Looking at Honda Ridgelines but boy are they pricey. I'd recommend the Duro Cross model, which is what I have.

Great work truck
By qtcountrybo

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Raider brand new and finally got rid of it with just over 101,000 worry free miles. It was a good truck and very relaible. The only complaint that I ever had was the not so good mpg's which averaged only 15 to 16 no matter how I drove. Maybe a five or six speed auto would have made that better.

Good size bed, looks

Better mpg, more power, more gears in automatic

Big Bang for your Buck!!!
By Casey

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab Duro Cross V6 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Raider Duro Cross for just over a year and I love everything about it. The Alpine 508w system is awesome. The handling is great. Highway gas mileage is awesome, especially when you combine a K&N air filter with a true dual exhaust system. The power is nice too. This truck is worth every penny and nobody can beat the warranty that it comes with or the price!

Engine size (3.7 V6), 4 door ext cab, Alpine sound system (incorporated 10 inch sub rocks). Power and acceleration. Handling. Looks.

No speed governor, two more tie downs in front.

Raidin'
By mike

2006 Mitsubishi Raider Extended Cab LS 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I have never had any vehicle that gets so many second looks and stares. It rides great, drives great, looks great, it's just an all around great truck. No other truck that I looked at could come close in price when equipped with just the basics my Raider came with.

The exterior styling, green gauge backlighting, towing gears, with just a two inch lift in the front (about $150.00) no on can tell its not a 4x4.

Give it a more powerful V6 engine and a removable rear headrest.

10 Month Review
By Jim Anthony

This a follow-up to my one month review in January. The gas mileage problem is better. I have close to 8,000 miles on it now. The interior still needs work done on it, as the compartment that hold the jack in is poorly designed. The plastic fender coverings are also a major problem. I had the dealer work on them twice and they still come loose or leak glue. I have been waiting for new parts now for over a month and half. The dealer claims that this is a national backup for the parts. Would I still buy this vehicle? Yes.

The design and how fun it is to drive. I get lots of coments on that.

Do something with the fender covering problem.

• SUV