2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Review: Shouldn't have bought this SUV

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

Shouldn't have bought this SUV
By applepie237 on

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just hit 3,000 miles and mileage is more like 17-25 mpg. Doors are really light, back gate doesn't always open, a # of features are stripped out in the SE so some things you would expect aren't included. Bluetooth doesn't always work so I make a call, they hear me but I don't know it's even connected. Wipers spray over the windshield/crooked. Remote start is a joke, need to start again when in car. The only comfortable spot for the steering wheel will block your dash. Two days after leasing, had major mechanical issue. Second lease payment they didn't notify me of automatic payments starting so I made a payment and then they pulled as well, overdrafted my account for following directions.

Favorite Features

Heated cloth seats, all-weather floor mats, bluetooth audio

Suggested Improvements

Instead of adding all the fancy features, don't forget about the basics - seat functionality should be more important that heat. Headlights should be automatic. Remote start should only turn off if someone with a key tries to open the door, not when I go to the door with my key. Driver area uncomfortable, no where to put my elbows. Needs more hidden storage, only one behind the seat pocket and a small spot between front seats. Windshield wiper sprayers spray crooked and over the window. Mitsubishi salesmen should be more upfront with financing. Mitsubishi Financing should follow their own direction (stating to wait until they notify you of automatic payments beginning and never notifying)