2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GT
By tr2v3l3r on
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I test drove several Mitsubishi cars and liked the way the car felt. After driving the car for a week I was able to find a number of short comings. The automatic transmission is unresponsive, traction control never engages in slippery conditions, loud road noise, and the car itself feels unrefined. V6 engine has 224 hp at 6250 rpm, but power to weight ratio is 0.045 hp/lb. The car is a bit too heavy at 5005 pounds. My previous car was lighter at 4001 pounds and you can feel the difference. This is my first Mitsubishi car, but I have been looking at them for 15 years. A number of my friends owned Mitsubishi cars and were happy with them.
Favorite Features
V6 engine with 224 horse power, 2 LCD screens on dashboard, mp3 capable cd player, and hands-free phone system with 7 phone capability.
Suggested Improvements
Good tires are a must. My car came standard with Toyo all season tires, and there is a lot of road noise as a result. Hard to use stereo system with a cheap feel. Better LCD screen is a must. Improved steering would not hurt too. The car feels wobbly at 60 mph. Fuel consumption could be better. Car is rated for 23 mixed, 20 City and 28 Hwy, but I am seeing 18-22 mpg. I am driving with S-AWC in AWC Eco mode with Eco mode enabled (mileage should be much better :)).