Exceptional Value
By aa0526 on
2014 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)
Primary Purpose: 1. Commuting to work alone (95%) 2. Short trips with family (5%) Been shopping around for a small CUV that has a 3rd row (for those rare occasions). Wanted a 3rd row as a backup for the minivan. The minivan is reserved for long trips. I can't wean myself from Japanese cars. I shopped between the Santa Fe, Rogue 2014 and the Outlander 2014. Being a current Nissan and Mitsubishi owner, it was a hard decision between the Rogue and the Outlander. The current MPG averages 28-30 combined. The warranty and price were the clinchers. It is relatively quiet, acceleration was good for my needs, very roomy 2nd row (I am only 5'7" - so there is plenty of room left behind me).
Favorite Features
1. 3rd row (great backup) 2. Great gas mileage (as good as the 3-row Rogue) 3. Reasonable price 4. Excellent warranty 5. Excellent reliability (previous experience was a Lancer 2003 - zero problems) 6. Very good visibility 7. Quiet ride (though, I think the Rogue has a more quiet and plush ride) 8. Overall instrumentation and AC controls
Suggested Improvements
I bought the ES. 1. There should be a quick guide for the FUSE voice commands - instead of having to go through the thick car manual! 2. More storage places / bins - there is plenty of space under the front passenger seat. This would be a good place for a small drawer. 3. USB / 12V should be out in the open - not hidden 4. LED headlamps 5. LED map and LED dome lights (ala airplane lighting) 6. The roof rails should be separate from the cross bars. 7. More exciting colors!