2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Review: A great small crossover suv

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Review

A great small crossover suv
By sierram on

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not trust the reviewers. This vehicle deserves to be test driven. The material quality is fantastic inside. Mitsubishi did not cheap out and use tons of hard plastic like the rest of the competition. I think the exterior looks classy and is similar to the Land Rover Range Rover or 1st gen Cayanne. The 3rd row is usable because the second row can be moved up without losing that much legroom. I'm 5'5" and I was able to sit in the 3rd row. I wouldn't want to sit there for long trips but it should be fine for my needs around town. I can't wait to try out the 4wd on the snow. I believe it has much better ground clearance and 4wd system than the CR-V. I'm getting 25 mpg on mostly city driving.

Favorite Features

I love the fact that this SUV has usable 3 rows, fantastic material quality, and fantastic value for the money. I got my SE AWD almost fully loaded for way less than $31,000. I like that it still has a spare tire even though it comes with 3 rows standard on all trims. I love that this SUV has the best safety rating by IIHS. Better than all its competitors and tied with only the Subaru Forester. I opted for the Touring model because it has the high tech safety features like collision mitigation, lane departure warning, and adaptive cruise control. I can't wait to take it out on road trips and use the cruise control feature.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like some rear air vents for air conditioning for the rear passengers. I could've used a blind spot monitoring system. It might be a good idea to make the process of putting the second row seats down simpler.