2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Nice Ride, Satisfied!!
By jac48 on 07/12/14 13:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car a little over a month ago and now have 1200 miles on it. I really like the new design, the fact that it comes standard with 3 rows of seats. The interior isn't flashy but it doesn't seem like cheap plastic either. I like the touch screen radio, backup cam, 18 inch wheels, heated seats, integrated blue tooth, fog lights ect. and all the other options for the price over competing SUV's. I was really considering the Subaru Forester, but the price and the 3rd row of seats sealed the deal. The factory Warranty is by far better. I've owned an 02 Lancer, an 03 Eclipse and never had any trouble with either. Getting about 25MPG, which is a little lower than I was hoping.

Read actual consumer reviews!
By mitsucommuter on 06/24/14 15:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Best car for the value. If your on the fence about the exterior and interior design compared to its competitors. Check this car out in person. It will most likely surprise you. My previous car was a mitsu galant. With everything original in tact with over 220k miles. So I know and trust their engineering. As long as you do the regular maintenance and don't submerge it under water or hit some deep pot holes at aggressive speeds this vehicle should be reliable. You should never have to rely on their warranty but it's nice to have as a cushion/ peace of mind.

L.O.V.E.
By foxwagen on 05/30/14 20:38 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just picked up a 2014 Outlander SE AWD with the Touring package today. I am in love with this car. It could use a bit more power. But, honestly, the power is more than adequate, I think I'm just gluttonous. The exterior is more gorgeous in pictures than you can see online, and the interior is very well-crafted and classically designed - modern without being trendy. For the price, the features and quality can't be beat. Oh, and the 710 watt Rockford Fosgate stereo? Ummm...insane.

Outlander Gt Value
By genx_rated on 05/09/14 21:12 PM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Mitsubishi's price of around $26k w/100k warranty was what sealed the deal. The MIVEC V6 is plenty powerful, especially since it only weighs as much as a midsized sedan(3500lb curb weight), despite what others may say. It also sounds quite nice, but not overly noisy. Have about 2000 miles now, and averaging 21-22 MPG's in 85% CITY driving. You can do 30 MPG on the highway at 65-70mph, but I don't drive there often. The 20/28 ratings are just about right. Ride is compliant and very Japanese, but not luxurious....more sporty. Handling is competent and fairly flat. Cargo space very good, maybe not as wide as Pathfinder or Explorer.

Shouldn't have bought this SUV
By applepie237 on 04/07/14 07:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just hit 3,000 miles and mileage is more like 17-25 mpg. Doors are really light, back gate doesn't always open, a # of features are stripped out in the SE so some things you would expect aren't included. Bluetooth doesn't always work so I make a call, they hear me but I don't know it's even connected. Wipers spray over the windshield/crooked. Remote start is a joke, need to start again when in car. The only comfortable spot for the steering wheel will block your dash. Two days after leasing, had major mechanical issue. Second lease payment they didn't notify me of automatic payments starting so I made a payment and then they pulled as well, overdrafted my account for following directions.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander GT
By tr2v3l3r on 03/04/14 08:47 AM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove several Mitsubishi cars and liked the way the car felt. After driving the car for a week I was able to find a number of short comings. The automatic transmission is unresponsive, traction control never engages in slippery conditions, loud road noise, and the car itself feels unrefined. V6 engine has 224 hp at 6250 rpm, but power to weight ratio is 0.045 hp/lb. The car is a bit too heavy at 5005 pounds. My previous car was lighter at 4001 pounds and you can feel the difference. This is my first Mitsubishi car, but I have been looking at them for 15 years. A number of my friends owned Mitsubishi cars and were happy with them.

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SE Great Value
By austintech on 02/05/14 11:36 AM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

When you compare any vehicle priced under $25k that comes with 5/60 bumper to bumper warranty, 10/100k power train warranty, comes with back up camera, heated seats, bluetooth, roominess and 26 mpg combined, there aren't many that can compare. With the 2014 Outlander SE, you get all this and reliability of Mitsubishi. Yes, it's not a sports car. Yes, it doesn't have cutting edge design. Unlike other vehicles in its class, it's very quiet, is comfortable, handles reasonably well, and has all the safety features you'd expect for lots more. We researched lots of vehicles for what we needed and couldn't come up with a better solution for the money.

Exceptional Value
By aa0526 on 01/14/14 22:00 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Primary Purpose: 1. Commuting to work alone (95%) 2. Short trips with family (5%) Been shopping around for a small CUV that has a 3rd row (for those rare occasions). Wanted a 3rd row as a backup for the minivan. The minivan is reserved for long trips. I can't wean myself from Japanese cars. I shopped between the Santa Fe, Rogue 2014 and the Outlander 2014. Being a current Nissan and Mitsubishi owner, it was a hard decision between the Rogue and the Outlander. The current MPG averages 28-30 combined. The warranty and price were the clinchers. It is relatively quiet, acceleration was good for my needs, very roomy 2nd row (I am only 5'7" - so there is plenty of room left behind me).

Luxurious, powerful but inexpensive SUV
By frederikfly on 11/14/13 21:13 PM (PST)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is a lot of car for little money. Bells and whistles usually found on much more expensive cars/add on packages. Powerful but still fuel efficient V6 engine, sturdy frame, AWD, great ground clearance, high end features that really make a difference in safety and comfort (e.g. backup camera, dual zone AC, keyless entry and start). It will handle pretty much anything with ease, passengers, heavy cargo, towing, and challenging weather conditions or even off road. Fun to drive thanks to solid road feel, spacious interior, peppy engine and virtually no blind spots. After test driving Escape, Outback, Highlander and Pilot the Outlander feels like combining the best aspects of all of them.

A great small crossover suv
By sierram on 10/28/13 07:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Do not trust the reviewers. This vehicle deserves to be test driven. The material quality is fantastic inside. Mitsubishi did not cheap out and use tons of hard plastic like the rest of the competition. I think the exterior looks classy and is similar to the Land Rover Range Rover or 1st gen Cayanne. The 3rd row is usable because the second row can be moved up without losing that much legroom. I'm 5'5" and I was able to sit in the 3rd row. I wouldn't want to sit there for long trips but it should be fine for my needs around town. I can't wait to try out the 4wd on the snow. I believe it has much better ground clearance and 4wd system than the CR-V. I'm getting 25 mpg on mostly city driving.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Suv in VA is:

$155 per month*