2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Highly Satisfied
By mzbabydoll

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Owned the 2014 Outlander SE for 9 months. My main focus when purchasing was gas mileage and seating capacity. Not only did the it meet those requirements, but I got so much more. Initially, I was bothered because I rarely see an Outlander on the road, thinking it must be a bad car, nobody wants it; Have I made a mistake??? No regrets! I now say that it is a well-kept secret, because this car is a real gem!!! I love all the unexpected bells/whistles and sleek body style. I like cars that don't age quickly, like my old Jeep Liberty (had it 10 years and it still looks as good as anything else on the road). The body style has longevity and will look stylish for years to come. Super gas mileage!

Favorite Features

- Gas mileage - Seating capacity (tight, but only need it in a pinch - Bluetooth - Body style

Suggested Improvements

- Hard to think of any - Standard luggage rack - Standard 360 cam for parking

V6 Outlander is Amazing
By bayernforever

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Please, do not listen to these reviewers who are trying to kill mitsubishi. I tested my new outlander 2014 for a week now and it is amazing. i have got the GLS V6 Model Biege Leather Inside. the quallity of interior is outstanding. This car is a little bit heavy when you start but after 40km/h it will goes very fast. I was driving on 160km/h and the car was very quiet. The Price of the outlander V6 Top of the line is cheaper than a toyota rav 4 standard edition. If you are still thinking of buying this car , go a head and save your money.

Favorite Features

All wheel Drive is a great job done by mitsubishi.

Suggested Improvements

We will happy if we could see the V6 3.5 which is used for Pajero (Montero). Otherwise the V6 3.0 is good.

Nice Ride, Satisfied!!
By jac48

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the car a little over a month ago and now have 1200 miles on it. I really like the new design, the fact that it comes standard with 3 rows of seats. The interior isn't flashy but it doesn't seem like cheap plastic either. I like the touch screen radio, backup cam, 18 inch wheels, heated seats, integrated blue tooth, fog lights ect. and all the other options for the price over competing SUV's. I was really considering the Subaru Forester, but the price and the 3rd row of seats sealed the deal. The factory Warranty is by far better. I've owned an 02 Lancer, an 03 Eclipse and never had any trouble with either. Getting about 25MPG, which is a little lower than I was hoping.

Favorite Features

- Integrated Bluetooth - Outside Styling - Interior look and design - Three rows of seats - Price and Factory Warranty - backup cam, moon roof and foglights - Keyless Start - I could go on and on

Suggested Improvements

- Could use more power as 166 HP can seem sluggish at times, especially in ECO mode..then again if you're in ECO mode, guessing you're trying to conserve gas

Read actual consumer reviews!
By mitsucommuter

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Best car for the value. If your on the fence about the exterior and interior design compared to its competitors. Check this car out in person. It will most likely surprise you. My previous car was a mitsu galant. With everything original in tact with over 220k miles. So I know and trust their engineering. As long as you do the regular maintenance and don't submerge it under water or hit some deep pot holes at aggressive speeds this vehicle should be reliable. You should never have to rely on their warranty but it's nice to have as a cushion/ peace of mind.

Favorite Features

Value. exterior and interior design was a hella lot better than what the so called experts wrote about. And the 4cyl. Is quite adequate for city and highway driving. I don't miss my v6 galant at all. Especially when I throw it in the Ds (sport drive gear). That gear does burn the gas but it is a trade off. The MPG's are what they rate if you take their suggestions and let the car coast when approaching traffic or a red light; and don't step on the gas from a stop.

Suggested Improvements

Dedicated vents to the back; especially for the optional 3rd row. Better marketing of the exterior design with the optional air dam kits/ package. I believe this would help their sales. To me it looks like a different car altogether. Maybe they're saving that for the 2015 campaign. Programmable home/ garage remote/ sun glass storage/ visor extendor incorporated into the interior design.

L.O.V.E.
By foxwagen

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Just picked up a 2014 Outlander SE AWD with the Touring package today. I am in love with this car. It could use a bit more power. But, honestly, the power is more than adequate, I think I'm just gluttonous. The exterior is more gorgeous in pictures than you can see online, and the interior is very well-crafted and classically designed - modern without being trendy. For the price, the features and quality can't be beat. Oh, and the 710 watt Rockford Fosgate stereo? Ummm...insane.

Favorite Features

Safety features Stereo/Connectivity Quality Spaciousness Power lift gate Climate features

Suggested Improvements

Although there is a spot for the the driver's left foot to rest, it isn't protected with plastic, so your shoes get the carpet dirty. That's about my only nitpick.