Great Little SUV!
By tmo411 on
2011 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I just got my Outlander recently, but I've put 500 miles on it already. It handles great, and the V6 is very smooth. It also has a nice engine growl when you gun it a little. I got the GT model, but without all the bells & whistles. The stock stereo has a 6-CD changer, 140 watts and 6 speakers - plenty for my use. The seats are cloth centers with leather backs & sides - they felt more comfy than the full leather. You can aim the HID headlights, and they're really bright. I love the paddle shifters, too. The back seat has plenty of room for my 6'+ sons to sit in, so they like it.
Favorite Features
This thing is quiet inside! The tires add some road noise, but I'm replacing them soon. It sits up a little higher than a sedan, so that's nice. The V6 has plenty of power - I'm no racer, but I like having the power to climb hills effortlessly. I test drove a loaded 4-cyl version with AWD but it sounded like it was really working hard getting up hills. With the V6 - no problem! There's a little "Info" button on the dash that lets you set the gauge cluster to show you how many more miles you can drive on the gas you've got. Love that feature! It's got a lot of cupholders, which is great for trips. And I really like the tailgate/hatch, too.
Suggested Improvements
I don't like that the upgraded stereo requires the sunroof. The sunroof lowers the interior roof about 3". My kids bumped their heads on the roof getting in and out, so I couldn't opt for the stereo or nav system. But I've got my own GPS, so it saved me about $2,700. The nav option has a lot of great features and seemed to work well when I tested the vehicle at the dealership. The dash is a little deep, but there's room for my GPS. You shouldn't have to pay extra for a cargo mat, either, but most car makers do that to you.