2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Review: No brainer

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD CVT Automatic)

No brainer
By gski1 on

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I love being on the road and not seeing my car everywhere (had an accord yrs ago and hated that). Even better is that I think everyone in those "other" over marketed cars simply made an uneducated buying choice! The Oultander, IMO, wins in style, value, features, reliability and most importantly warranty to boot. 5yr 60K mile bumper to bumper is a great idea. It always bothered my when I bought Honda and Subaru that you'd still be paying for the car with 2yrs payments left! Of course those dealers said "it's a Honda, you don't need a warranty"...Right, car dealers always tell the truth! If you go for the CRV, I'll be next to you at the light thinking "you dope"...LOL.

Aggressive styling, premium features like Blue Tooth, Rockford Fosgate sound system, FAST key), 5yr 60K bumper to bumper warranty. AWD/4WD. Truly a unique vehicle.

Make leather available on the SE! Too many models made selection a little intimidating at first and once mastered didn't make much sense. To break it down: ES, base cheapest model, hub caps, enough said. SE (what I chose), 18" alloys, premium sound, sunroof, ONLY available w/premium cloth, AWD/4WD optional which I had to have. Here's where it doesn't make sense, the next model up is the XLS which is the first available with leather. Get this though, ONLY available in 2WD! What are you thinking Mitsu? If you want leather and 4WD, you have to go top of the line to the GT model. My SE has everything the GT has except the 6 Cy engine (didn't want) and leather at thousands of $$ less.
By harrypiels
on 06/18/11 17:46 PM (PDT)

From my experience, the lack of problems in more popular suvs is not deserved. Also,repairs are often expensive. The Outlander offers a much better warranty so I'm leaning toward this model.