Used 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

So Far So Good, Could Be Better #MyOutlander
By bigbossman05

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I got the outlander earlier this year, I could say I love it, but I do have a few concerns, I sometimes smell burnt rubber after driving long ways, the CVT could have a better response, seems a bit on the sluggish side, but everything else I love about my outlander, the Bluetooth system, maintenance I practically do it myself, I'm going to be taking it on my first road trip soOn, I wonder how it's going to treat me on the highway.

Favorite Features

Wireless Bluetooth System, the AWD options and the fact that it's a 4cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Better CVT Transmission, better seats, they get dirty quick, find out what's that rubber smell and take care of it.

First SUV after 2-doors coupe'
By ironvet

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it second hand after arriving in Dubai. It is a small one compared to the others going around here. Very nimble driving at speed, but CVT transmission should be more responsive. Very comfortable and often we use it in place of the big Mitsubishi Montero we also have. The Outlander drives and feels like a car and I get most times 27mpg (highway) although mpg is not an issue here.

Favorite Features

Room, sound system and practicality

Suggested Improvements

Automatic transmission more responsive

Horrible No Confidence
By 1lemon

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If you need a car to get to work and family this is not the car. Continued electronic failures which prohibit the car from starting will cost you money and time. Wait an hour and try again until the next work day and a trip to the car rental. Beware the Outlander is a bad deal. The feeling of no confidence overtakes you when you attempt to start the vehicle and nothing happens, and let me tell you it is not a good feeling everyday after work to go through that. If you have kids and need to get home too, this auto may not be the best option.

Favorite Features

Appearence

Suggested Improvements

Honesty dealing with technical/design problems. Roadside service only goes to nearest dealer not the dealer closest to your home, be prepared to have a lot for towing and rental cars.

So Far, So Good
By isophorone

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this Outlander new in late 2011 to replace a Saturn Wagon that was burning oil (and that we were outgrowing). Right now we have around 23,000 miles on the car. It starts and runs well. Since we are used to small engine cars this has enough power for our needs. The trunk is huge, and the radio sounds great. Seats are comfortable. Handling is superb. We get around 23 mpg overall in winter and 25-26 mpg in summer (suburban driving). Highway mpg is 28-30 mpg. The CVT is a bit growly and low speeds and RPM, but once the car is moving it is fine.

Favorite Features

Handling, radio (even the base model), power, comfort. We have had no problems with the paint. Temperature and tire pressure warnings are a nice feature, though the former can be annoying after awhile. Visibility is pretty good.

Suggested Improvements

This thing gives an annoying electric shock, especially in winter. It would be nice to have a lighter colored interior. Stop closing the dealerships near us. Offer a diesel.

One of the best SUV's you can buy!
By internetguy

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My girlfriend recently traded in her 2009 Lancer GT for a 2011 Outlander 4cyl AWD. Her Lancer was such a great car and Mitsubishi service is always fantastic. We recently moved into an area where we need a 4x4 so after looking at offerings from Hyundai, Nissan, Jeep, etc. we easily decided on the Outlander! We chose the 4cyl because we did the not need the power or fuel consumption of the V6. So far we are averaging reviewed specs of 23mpg city and 28mpg highway which is great for a vehicle this size! Please be aware that the 4cyl is for fuel savings and V6 is for power and towing. Choose wisely as some people seem disappointed by the lack of 4cyl power (168hp). Know what you are buying!

Favorite Features

Whisper quite while cruising on the highway TONS of space in both front and middle row (no rear seating here) Mini-tailgate for easy loading and unloading GREAT styling! Great fuel economy for a vehicle this size More 4cyl power than much of the competition Reclining middle row seats This whole vehicle is great!

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic interior. The little bit of dash "leather wrapping" found on the premium model should be standard on all trims regardless of leather seats.