2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
First SUV after 2-doors coupe'
By ironvet on 05/27/14 03:17 AM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it second hand after arriving in Dubai. It is a small one compared to the others going around here. Very nimble driving at speed, but CVT transmission should be more responsive. Very comfortable and often we use it in place of the big Mitsubishi Montero we also have. The Outlander drives and feels like a car and I get most times 27mpg (highway) although mpg is not an issue here.

Horrible No Confidence
By 1lemon on 10/10/13 12:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If you need a car to get to work and family this is not the car. Continued electronic failures which prohibit the car from starting will cost you money and time. Wait an hour and try again until the next work day and a trip to the car rental. Beware the Outlander is a bad deal. The feeling of no confidence overtakes you when you attempt to start the vehicle and nothing happens, and let me tell you it is not a good feeling everyday after work to go through that. If you have kids and need to get home too, this auto may not be the best option.

So Far, So Good
By isophorone on 04/20/13 10:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this Outlander new in late 2011 to replace a Saturn Wagon that was burning oil (and that we were outgrowing). Right now we have around 23,000 miles on the car. It starts and runs well. Since we are used to small engine cars this has enough power for our needs. The trunk is huge, and the radio sounds great. Seats are comfortable. Handling is superb. We get around 23 mpg overall in winter and 25-26 mpg in summer (suburban driving). Highway mpg is 28-30 mpg. The CVT is a bit growly and low speeds and RPM, but once the car is moving it is fine.

One of the best SUV's you can buy!
By internetguy on 03/10/13 23:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

My girlfriend recently traded in her 2009 Lancer GT for a 2011 Outlander 4cyl AWD. Her Lancer was such a great car and Mitsubishi service is always fantastic. We recently moved into an area where we need a 4x4 so after looking at offerings from Hyundai, Nissan, Jeep, etc. we easily decided on the Outlander! We chose the 4cyl because we did the not need the power or fuel consumption of the V6. So far we are averaging reviewed specs of 23mpg city and 28mpg highway which is great for a vehicle this size! Please be aware that the 4cyl is for fuel savings and V6 is for power and towing. Choose wisely as some people seem disappointed by the lack of 4cyl power (168hp). Know what you are buying!

Mitsubishi Sucks
By cyndietx on 05/19/12 11:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2011 Mitsubishi outlander SE FWD grey in color in 09/2011. I have had nothing but problems! 1st the sunroof popped out of it sitting in the garage!!Mitsubishi 1st gave me the run around, and after much debate, they paid for it. Then a stress crack in the windshield. I paid for it myself because I got NOWHERE w/ mitsubishi. It runs terrible, I have to be careful getting out on the highway or I will get run over. the dealership says nothing is wrong w/ it! I can smell burning rubber, and so can everyone else! They say nothing is wrong! Now the PAINT is comming off!! Mitsubishi says its MY fault....driving conditions??? The running light FELL out going down the road,and low MPGs!!!

Great Downsize Vehicle
By cakegirl1000 on 02/21/12 08:03 AM (PST)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We are very, very happy with this vehicle having gone from a Cadilac Escalade to the Mitsubishi Outlander. We made many day trips to shop and drive every crossover including a few others both larger and smaller such as the Juke and the Explorer making sure to give everyone a chance. We almost walked away because we were not thrilled with the White or the Black color options until I spotted one on the showroom floor that had been ordered but not purchased last minute. It was in this esspresso color with cream leather interior. It had great upgrades as well and we fell in love.

2011 Outlander GT
By daver10 on 01/23/12 21:00 PM (PST)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We had a 2004 Durango Limited and down sized to the GT Outlander. Overall it is unique looking, handles like a sports car, and in the snow it feels secure. And the MPG has been decent as I've hit 30MPG at 60mph. The thing we really like is that it has a lay flat rear "bed". Cool truck, not everyone has one!

BEST JAPANESE SUV
By gtrallyracer on 01/09/12 18:15 PM (PST)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a GT without sunroof and navigation on August 2011. I purchased this great SUV for its reliability reputation, awesome S-AWC system, great ergonomics and powerful V6 engine. I have owned American, Japanese, and German brands, but this time Mitsubishi is offering excellent warranty and standard features to its vehicles. I have driven already 4000 miles and fuel economy is great for this size of SUV averaging 23mpg. Driving is very predictable and sporty. The xenon headlights are incredible! I feel I have the headlights of a rally car!

1st Mitsubishi SUV- Loving it!
By pcar8 on 10/26/11 17:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2011 Silver Outlander a couple months ago. This is my first 'crossover' SUV. My old car was a Nissan Maxima (I've owed 2 of them) now I'm driving a Mitsubishi and absolutley love it! It is so comfortable inside and fun to drive with its fast acceleration, responsive handling and sleek design - I got more bang for my buck! Never thought a navigation system was worth it but boy was I wrong. Plus the 10gb of space on the music server really is a plus. No more dragging around CD's. I just load a CD, record it and I'm good to go on any long distance journey. Oh and the sound system is AWESOME. Did I tell you I love this SUV?

1st Mitsubishi, 1st 4-cylinder...won't be my last
By ldriver on 08/15/11 18:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

With only a few thousand miles on the Outlander so far, I'm extremely happy with the purchase. Based on professional tests, user reviews, historical reliability, and my own test drives, the Outlander was my by far my favorite. It looks tougher than the soccer mom CR-V and costs much less than the RAV4. The warranty is excellent but hopefully I won't have to use it. The Outlander rides smooth and quiet. With the 4 cylinder I'm getting about 25 MPG around the city. I was worried about buying my first 4 cylinder but it does great on the highway and uphill. It is slow off the line but the 6 speed trans makes up for it when passing and climbing.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Suv in VA is:

$127 per month*