Used 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Still Riding Strong!!!
By Bigbossman

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I wrote a previous review about a year ago, Mitsubishi was great with the warranty, even for the littlest things, it still ride great, gas mileage is good on the highways and in the city, it's almost time for its 60k tune up.

So Far So Good, Could Be Better #MyOutlander
By bigbossman05

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I got the outlander earlier this year, I could say I love it, but I do have a few concerns, I sometimes smell burnt rubber after driving long ways, the CVT could have a better response, seems a bit on the sluggish side, but everything else I love about my outlander, the Bluetooth system, maintenance I practically do it myself, I'm going to be taking it on my first road trip soOn, I wonder how it's going to treat me on the highway.

Wireless Bluetooth System, the AWD options and the fact that it's a 4cyl.

Better CVT Transmission, better seats, they get dirty quick, find out what's that rubber smell and take care of it.

First SUV after 2-doors coupe'
By ironvet

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it second hand after arriving in Dubai. It is a small one compared to the others going around here. Very nimble driving at speed, but CVT transmission should be more responsive.
Very comfortable and often we use it in place of the big Mitsubishi Montero we also have.
The Outlander drives and feels like a car and I get most times 27mpg (highway) although mpg is not an issue here.

Room, sound system and practicality

Automatic transmission more responsive

Horrible No Confidence
By 1lemon

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

If you need a car to get to work and family this is not the car. Continued electronic failures which prohibit the car from starting will cost you money and time. Wait an hour and try again until the next work day and a trip to the car rental. Beware the Outlander is a bad deal. The feeling of no confidence overtakes you when you attempt to start the vehicle and nothing happens, and let me tell you it is not a good feeling everyday after work to go through that. If you have kids and need to get home too,
this auto may not be the best option.

Appearence

Honesty dealing with technical/design problems. Roadside service only goes to nearest dealer not the dealer closest to your home, be prepared to have a lot for towing and rental cars.

So Far, So Good
By isophorone

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this Outlander new in late 2011 to replace a Saturn Wagon that was burning oil (and that we were outgrowing).

Right now we have around 23,000 miles on the car.
It starts and runs well.
Since we are used to small engine cars this has enough power for our needs.
The trunk is huge, and the radio sounds great.
Seats are comfortable.
Handling is superb.
We get around 23 mpg overall in winter and 25-26 mpg in summer (suburban driving).
Highway mpg is 28-30 mpg.

The CVT is a bit growly and low speeds and RPM, but once the car is moving it is fine.

Handling, radio (even the base model), power, comfort. We have had no problems with the paint. Temperature and tire pressure warnings are a nice feature, though the former can be annoying after awhile. Visibility is pretty good.

This thing gives an annoying electric shock, especially in winter. It would be nice to have a lighter colored interior. Stop closing the dealerships near us. Offer a diesel.