9 of 16 people found this review helpful
By icharles on
2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I have had my Outlander since December 2009. While it is fun to drive and has very comfortable seats, I have been very disappointed in the build quality and reliability.
1) After 14k I started hearing a knocking/creaking in the rear right brakes. Dealer said it was caused by rust. After two failed brake services Mitsu replaced the rotors under warranty - fixed. Now, at 38k the problem is back. Mitsu again said the problem was caused by rust and would not fix it under warranty (new rotors only have 24k on them).
2) I have a multitude of paint chips on the front hood after only 1.5 years of driving. I had a Honda Civic for 4 years prior to this vehicle and never noticed one.
3) Creaky seat
1) Better brakes/components or better, more comprehensive warranty coverage.
2) Thicker paint and more durable clearcoat
3) Bettter quality seating components that affix more solidly together (the creak has been "fixed" 3 times).
Despite the beautiful look of the car and the absolute fun it is to drive, the brake/paint/seat issues have been such a headache that I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.