2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I have had my Outlander since December 2009. While it is fun to drive and has very comfortable seats, I have been very disappointed in the build quality and reliability.
1) After 14k I started hearing a knocking/creaking in the rear right brakes. Dealer said it was caused by rust. After two failed brake services Mitsu replaced the rotors under warranty - fixed. Now, at 38k the problem is back. Mitsu again said the problem was caused by rust and would not fix it under warranty (new rotors only have 24k on them).
2) I have a multitude of paint chips on the front hood after only 1.5 years of driving. I had a Honda Civic for 4 years prior to this vehicle and never noticed one.
3) Creaky seat
1) Better brakes/components or better, more comprehensive warranty coverage.
2) Thicker paint and more durable clearcoat
3) Bettter quality seating components that affix more solidly together (the creak has been "fixed" 3 times).
Despite the beautiful look of the car and the absolute fun it is to drive, the brake/paint/seat issues have been such a headache that I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.