Used 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

It's a Man cuv !
By allcarguy

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Let me tell you a story about My Outlander;I'm living in Colorado,on a day after a big snow fall,My Friends and I decided to put our vihicles to snow test...the car:2009 Subaru forester,2011 Honda crv,98 tyota 4runner and My 2010 Outlander GT. The terrain is a dry grass hill cover with about 15 inches of snow and incline about 20% (not so sure) and here the results: 4RUNNER :done it in 1 attempt,OUTLANDER :2 attempts,FORESTER:4 attempts,CRV:after about 10 attempts made it 30 feet ! What the hell...it's the most Awards and comments vihicle here,but not at this,I gess.Im happy with My Outlander after 45k.Here's a thing you need to know:To drive fast use the paddle shifter not the D drive.

alots...

Used better material .

A vehicle to pass down the family
By danman117

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I cant say enough about my outlander. I absolutely love it. I've put 50K miles on it, done regular maintenance and it drives great!!! This car is truly a bang for your buck and SERIOUSLY underated! On paper it may seem slow, but you must learn how to drive it properly, it will do 0-60 in 7 secs and handles amazingly due to S-AWC. All my friends compliment me on how cool my car is. We use it to cart around the family, commuting, and road trips, its perfect for almost anything. The ride is smooth and comfy, the brakes and steering are great because they give good feedback. MPG is right there with the EPA, 18/25. Car is technologically packed!! The Nav system is worth it when you dig through it

Evo face-good call/S-AWC handles great/Navi system is great/ back up camera makes a difference/Rockford Fosgate 710 watt sound system is unbelievable/love the split tail-gate/ love the sound of the engine "1st gear 0-60, shift at 5500 RPM, has a real nice exhaust"/ paddle shifters

wish for a little better MPG, bigger gas tank, and more protection - this CUV is truly for the city, there are no skid plates/protection, the engine>transmission>driveshaft>transaxle>suspension are all exposed, this car can probably handle is sand, dirt, and snow. rocks or any worse would be suicide

Extremely disapointed
By icharles

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Outlander since December 2009. While it is fun to drive and has very comfortable seats, I have been very disappointed in the build quality and reliability. 1) After 14k I started hearing a knocking/creaking in the rear right brakes. Dealer said it was caused by rust. After two failed brake services Mitsu replaced the rotors under warranty - fixed. Now, at 38k the problem is back. Mitsu again said the problem was caused by rust and would not fix it under warranty (new rotors only have 24k on them). 2) I have a multitude of paint chips on the front hood after only 1.5 years of driving. I had a Honda Civic for 4 years prior to this vehicle and never noticed one. 3) Creaky seat

1) Better brakes/components or better, more comprehensive warranty coverage. 2) Thicker paint and more durable clearcoat 3) Bettter quality seating components that affix more solidly together (the creak has been "fixed" 3 times). Despite the beautiful look of the car and the absolute fun it is to drive, the brake/paint/seat issues have been such a headache that I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Fantastic CUV
By cme4brain

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 2008 Outlander and bought the 2010. This is the best combination of style, performance, interior comfort, and reliability for the money. You will not be disappointed. Even with a distant dealer, I bought the car as it is so reliable- this is my 6th Mitsubishi. The rear back up camera, the integrated Audio and NAV systems are excellent, as are the modifiable computer controls. My next SUV/CUV will be a Mitsu as I am so pleased with this model. I drive 32,000 miles per year so I spend lots of time sitting in this car, very comfortable.

The styling is unique and sporty- does not look a soccer mom car. The seats are the best in the segment. The transmission and paddle shifter are great, and the 4WD with the locking differential is rare in any segment. The stereo cannot be beat. THe fold down tailgate is unique to the class of car and the second seat is the most roomy that I can find. I am getting 32mpg on the highway.

Just minor complaints. There needs to be visor extenders, memory seats, and dual A/C controls as well as A/C vents in the center console for the rear passengers. The Nav system could be a tad more intuitive, but once learned is excellent, just a tick below the Honda GPS or a Garmin.

Much better than Ford Edge
By James

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 1st brand new SUV and I am very impressed by how it drives. Not to mention the unbeatable standard "BUMPER TO BUMPER" warranty not just the transmission like all of the American SUVs.

Everything

Add orange to the color line up please.