2010 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
It's a Man cuv !
By allcarguy on 04/24/14 07:40 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Let me tell you a story about My Outlander;I'm living in Colorado,on a day after a big snow fall,My Friends and I decided to put our vihicles to snow test...the car:2009 Subaru forester,2011 Honda crv,98 tyota 4runner and My 2010 Outlander GT. The terrain is a dry grass hill cover with about 15 inches of snow and incline about 20% (not so sure) and here the results: 4RUNNER :done it in 1 attempt,OUTLANDER :2 attempts,FORESTER:4 attempts,CRV:after about 10 attempts made it 30 feet ! What the hell...it's the most Awards and comments vihicle here,but not at this,I gess.Im happy with My Outlander after 45k.Here's a thing you need to know:To drive fast use the paddle shifter not the D drive.

A vehicle to pass down the family
By danman117 on 02/13/14 23:19 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I cant say enough about my outlander. I absolutely love it. I've put 50K miles on it, done regular maintenance and it drives great!!! This car is truly a bang for your buck and SERIOUSLY underated! On paper it may seem slow, but you must learn how to drive it properly, it will do 0-60 in 7 secs and handles amazingly due to S-AWC. All my friends compliment me on how cool my car is. We use it to cart around the family, commuting, and road trips, its perfect for almost anything. The ride is smooth and comfy, the brakes and steering are great because they give good feedback. MPG is right there with the EPA, 18/25. Car is technologically packed!! The Nav system is worth it when you dig through it

Extremely disapointed
By icharles on 06/19/11 21:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Outlander since December 2009. While it is fun to drive and has very comfortable seats, I have been very disappointed in the build quality and reliability. 1) After 14k I started hearing a knocking/creaking in the rear right brakes. Dealer said it was caused by rust. After two failed brake services Mitsu replaced the rotors under warranty - fixed. Now, at 38k the problem is back. Mitsu again said the problem was caused by rust and would not fix it under warranty (new rotors only have 24k on them). 2) I have a multitude of paint chips on the front hood after only 1.5 years of driving. I had a Honda Civic for 4 years prior to this vehicle and never noticed one. 3) Creaky seat

Fantastic CUV
By cme4brain on 12/30/10 18:40 PM (PST)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I owned a 2008 Outlander and bought the 2010. This is the best combination of style, performance, interior comfort, and reliability for the money. You will not be disappointed. Even with a distant dealer, I bought the car as it is so reliable- this is my 6th Mitsubishi. The rear back up camera, the integrated Audio and NAV systems are excellent, as are the modifiable computer controls. My next SUV/CUV will be a Mitsu as I am so pleased with this model. I drive 32,000 miles per year so I spend lots of time sitting in this car, very comfortable.

Much better than Ford Edge
By James on 10/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is my 1st brand new SUV and I am very impressed by how it drives. Not to mention the unbeatable standard "BUMPER TO BUMPER" warranty not just the transmission like all of the American SUVs.

Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon
By macpower on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Toothless because it feels a underpowered at first. Then you start to play with the paddle shifters and mold the performance to your liking. Now you have a really fun ride. Peak torque at 41-4200 rpm means you almost have a turbo-feel when you think the motor's starting to bog down. My wife and I are 6' tall and the interior boasts a lot of legroom. The drivers side has a slight height adjustment too. I stuck an ipod in the cup holder and wanted a small slot so I could access the A/V rca's in the console. I thought there should be a small slot for the wires to hang through - and there was one - right where I wanted it! That's the best part of this car. A lot of thought went into everything!

Very satisfied with my 2nd Outie
By kurly on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Before this one, I had a 2005 model, which I loved, and was devastated when I totaled it in a rollover accident (from which I escaped with just a few minor cuts and bruises!). I couldn't wait to buy another one. I have it in Rally Red and it's gorgeous! It's not perfect, though. My air compressor crapped out a few months ago, a common occurrence, apparently. I also have somewhat squeaky brakes, which I had checked out and was told it's not due to mechanical defect. I'm only at 2300 miles, so maybe it will resolve itself. I also wish that acceleration was smoother when merging and passing on highways. Despite these gripes, six months into ownership, I am very pleased with it. No regrets!

Bad front end
By j ortiz on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Love this car but it is horrible on potholes and dips on the road when it hits one it makes banging noise like metal on metal took it to the dealer they said nothing was wrong with it i have own many cars and never heard a sound like that one day i was on the expressway and the car in front of me jam on his brakes so i did to and it made the bang noise wish i could fix it would be the perfect cuv

A Hidden Gem of a CUV!
By Not a Zero on 08/27/10 21:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a 2010 Outlander XLS V6 AWD. It's handling is sharp and the ride is firm but not harsh. Good feedback from the road and drives like a car with a low center of gravity. Acceleration is brisk and the 6 speed transmission is fun to shift with the paddle shifter. Body roll is minimal and I find myself taking corners faster and more confidently than I would normally be with a SUV. A/C is very cold and much appreciated in 100+ degree Texas heat. Very satisfied with the purchase on 0%, 60 months financing and a longer than typical warranty. The Outlander is a hidden gem of a CUV that driving enthusiasts will love.

Fun CUV, best bang for the buck
By Noeffectx on 08/24/10 18:19 PM (PDT)

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander GT 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The day after I bought my GT, have to take it back to the dealer, because the air compressor got shot, but knowing Mitsubishi's awesome warranty, I know I was covered. My local dealer Lasorsa Mitsubishi replaced my air compressor free of charge. I drove 700 miles on it now and I love it. I was considering the Subaru Forrester XTi Limited before the GT, but after I test drove the GT's 6cyl w/ Rockford/fosgate sound systems it was no contest. Best bang for the buck! Outlander GT is the best CUV for the price and performance.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander in VA is:

$128 per month*