2009 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Everthing I was searching for!
By nels79 on 02/19/13 13:14 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After searching high and low for a family car, I came across the Outlander. I was tipped off by being the chosen brand for the Paris/Dakar endurance race as the support vehicles being that they were champs 10y in a row. That said, I wanted something that you don't see passing by you 50 times a day on the road. Its a pretty unique SUV. This is my first SUV but I'm familiar with the Jeeps and Murano. So far I am very please with it, I got the lower end 4C engine for better gas economy. Still had all the power I need on and off the road. The paddle shifts work great when you need to downshift and take off! Snow, rain, sand and mud. No Problem! Great features and fuel economy at good price tag!

Mitsubishi Outlander Lease Experience
By hunh on 11/14/11 15:27 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

The car was fine; the company is quite slimy. They did not respond to complaint letters. Then they tried to bill me thousands in phony repairs. They also tried to charge a late fee. The car was returned late because the person they asked me to contact was on vacation for two weeks. Then he turned out to be a slaesman from Mitsubishi trying to sell me a new car. What a mess!

OK Overall, But 3 Warranty Visits in 1yr
By Tanya1921 on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, the Outlander is great. Awesome sound system (stock), but the doors don't automatically lock, and I have taken it in 3x in a year for warranty repairs: molding on kick plate came off, A/C adapter stopped working, and excess glue on the windshield which was causing all the wiring to be exposed. My Honda's never had problems like this. It gets time consuming and my time is worth something. Paddle shifters are useless- no one really uses them in a 4 cylinder SUV. I have to yell at the bluetooth speaker to be heard.

Ladybug
By gulati on 02/08/10 14:46 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Our XLS AWD is Rally Red, and aptly named Ladybug! Wasn't so sure about leaping for a SUV, having driven cars for nearly 30 years, but the Outlander is very responsive and easy to drive. Not so sure about reliability yet, but after 20 years of sturdy Mitsus, I'm not terribly worried. Only concern would be mpg, but the trade-offs - comfort, utility, safety - seem to make it all worthwhile.

Mitsubishi Outlander Rocks
By Jeff Launiere on 12/25/09 12:20 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

This is likely the best vehicle I have ever owned. As some say the low end acceleration is not great, but it is fine. The Outlander has a real quality feel and is fun to drive. I tried the Honda CRV, Mazda CX7, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Murano, Kia and Hyundai and this was simply the best. And the price is better than all of these. I absolutely recommend this vehicle to anyone, other than the Navigation System unless you use it in an area where no new streets are put in.

Love Everything About It!
By Relieved Its Over! on 12/24/09 20:52 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Really glad we went this vehicle. The HID headlights, rain-sensing wipers, and bluetooth is really cool. But the best part is the Fosgate stereo and the sporty feel/power. Got 29 mpg on the way home from the dealership. It was 100 miles city/hwy.

Top notch on everything
By Calvin on 12/02/09 18:50 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Ok, imagine, I purchase this Fantastic 2009 SUV not knowing that the 2010 version would be much improved...Lol! Doesn't matter because this 2009 is just awesome, top notch on everything, smoothness, superb handling, Power that will put to shame a Acura MDX (that costs 40% more) on the street. Style, AWD system that LOCKs and is head and shoulders above the competition (the 2010 version is even more efficient). Mitsubishi is out to prove THEY are the best engineered vehicle in the world...period! Toyota and Honda's watch out. The King is waking up!

Good value if you don't drive a lot
By nicole on 11/28/09 12:23 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Here is an update from 5/09. If you are easy on the gas pedal you will be rewarded with avg mileage of up to 30+mpg. Seat covers and rubber material on dash are poor - they are dust and hair magnets. Bad choice. I drive 100 miles, 5 days per week. I do not have lumbar/back problems, I do now. My back is aching, seats are extremely uncomfortable. Good value if you don't drive a lot. Otherwise, look at something else or get leather, maybe that helps.

Great Vehicle
By al on 11/02/09 18:32 PM (PST)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this vehicle for 7 months now after owning a galant for 3 years. I used to love toyotas and still do, but I can tell you these vehicles are every bit as good with more warranty. I love the awd system and the turning radius. It does excellent on bad country roads and drives nice on dry pavement. Just hit a large deer and it did very little damage considering speed.

The Right Car
By karatedvm on 10/13/09 19:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

After looking for more than 1.5 yrs for a smaller SUV that didn't look like a woman's car I kept coming back to the Outlander. Only had mine for 2 weeks but it's proving itself the right vehicle for me. After 2+ years of not driving a 4WD SUV I had to get back to what was right for me and my dogs. This vehicle is spacious especially with the back seat folded forward. The fuel economy is better than I had hoped after only 2 weeks - averaging ~24mpgs combined. Handles well, can't wait for snow - actually I can wait forever for snow but by Lake Erie in northeastern Ohio it won't be long. A little hard to keep clean, the interior attracts and holds dog hair. Wish I had all leather interior.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mitsubishi Outlander in VA is:

$120 per month*