Overall an excellent, well balanced SUV
By macuis on
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I've driven cars exclusively since my learner's license when I was 16. From a 1985 Ford Tempo GL, to a 2001 Nissan Sentra GXE, it was time for something different. Now that I'm 24, I was looking for something with a little more cargo room, a little more power, and a little more comfort for driving friends around. So I decided to take a look at the compact SUV market, and had 4 on my list: Hyundai Sante Fe, Nissan Rogue, Honda CR-V, and the Mitsubishi Outlander. The Sante Fe has a smooth, quiet ride, but didn't have many options. The Rogue was pretty stylish, but felt underpowered and cramped. The CR-V has it right, but more expensive. For me, the Outlander had a good balance of everything.
Favorite Features
Strong engine, quick acceleration powerful Rockford Fosgate sound system. 3rd row seating is convenient. Stylish LED tail lights. Two glove boxes 9 cup holders, doesn't fit my 1 L SIGG water bottle though FAST key is the key of the future. Hands-free Bluetooth system Informative car display.
Suggested Improvements
Must go to dealer to change FAST key options. Window defrosting doesn't get 2-4" along the windshield on extremely cold nights -25C. Ride is slightly bumpy. Engine is loud during revving, and idling. 3rd row seating is only for people 5'3" or less. Heated seat buttons in a awkward location.