2008 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Review: Great compact SUV and great va

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Review

Great compact SUV and great value!
By cooljw on

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I considered all the other vehicles in this class including the RAV4 and CR-V before choosing the Outlander. The Outlander clearly has the others beat on style and utility. The Outlander makes the CR-V and RAV4 look boring. Plus you can get it better equipped for thousands less than the competition. The long warranty provides great peace of mind. The handling is quite sporty with little body lean when cornering. The 4 cylinder provides plenty of power for me with good fuel economy and I can use the paddle shifters if I need to downshift quickly. Overall I am very pleased with this vehicle and might just be a Mitsubishi convert considering it's the first one I've ever owned.

Rockford Fosgate sound system, dual- opening hatch, 18 inch alloy wheels, moonroof, AC outlet in armrest, leather-trimmed seats.

Build quality and materials on the interior could be improved but it's not a big deal and still looks great especially in all black. Would love to see a hybrid version.