Goodbye Earth Destroyer
By Tomak on
2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I traded a 2006 Montero for a 2007 'Lander and I really like my new car. The Montero was, in my opinion, a thoroughbred SUV with a peerless racing record. But with gas near $3.70/gal. here in NE Illinois, when I got a chance to trade over to the Outlander, I swallowed and went for it. I am not sorry. The 'Lander is a much more wieldy tool in traffic, goes and stops much better, and uses regular gas (the Montero needed premium). I've taken one thousand mile road trip, and the greater economy was much appreciated. It was getting blown around on the return trip, but everyone was (8 degrees, 50 mph winds).
Favorite Features
Great styling, inside and out.3.0 V6 is perfect and sounds nice. Like the ride/handling w/ 18" wheels. The interior has plenty of room. Lots of storage compartments and cupholders. Seats are comfortable. Navi and Sirius radio are great. I also love the Bluetooth. Big mirrors too. Uses regular gas.
Suggested Improvements
Tires w/ more aggressive tread pattern for snow. A little more torque. A bigger cloc. Foglamps with xenons instead of DRLs. Crossbars on the roof rack.