2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
4 years and no issues
By beachin2 on 09/27/12 16:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the Outlander now for 4 years and we love it ! We bought the LS and added leather. We run nothing but Mobil 1 in it and follow all maintenance schedules. Average 23mpg in the city and 25mpg on the highway running 70mph and loaded. Aside from a bit loud road noise we like everything else on the car. If Mitsubishi had added a bit more insulation this would be a perfect vehicle. We use this as our 2nd vehicle so it only has 35k miles so far.

It's Different
By sshadel on 12/13/11 07:30 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Pros: looks nice, Fairly good Mileage Many cons: When excellerating from stop , can not do it smoothly. You have to push harder on the gas peddle and then the front wheel hop takes over and you are all over the road. Front wheels spin out all the time when starting from stop. Told this is normal with Outlander. I have gone thru 2 sets of tires now (Rotate every 6000 miles to try to save them), but 3rd set is needed and only have 70000 miles on Outlander. (Last SUV Santa Fe had 70000 miles on 1st set of tires). I canít let my 17 year old drive it because of the wheel hop. Also radio is nuts. You turn on and 5 to 10 seconds later it comes on. You go from AM to FM or Vice versa, it takes 5 to 10 secondes to change over. (Was also told that is normal). As you ease into a turn and begin to accelerate the steering wheel will not begin to return by itself you have to pull it back and sometimes jerk it back . (Also told this is normal) . Will have to get rid of shortly to get soemthing My 17 yr old can drive. He has no problem with our other cars just this one. (told it was normal)= Dealer

Great Car
By nagilbaz on 12/12/11 04:35 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the Outlander in late 2007. The car has not had any problems so far despite the fact that it has been in major accident. I have read most of the reviews pointing to the fact that the interior has problems with the plastic parts and there is poor paint job, which is susceptible even to minor scratches and dents. Well it is absolutely true. Nevertheless, this is the great car and a great helper. We moved several times and overloaded it with furniture and other household items. It did well. Anyway the Outlander does not claim to be a luxurious SUV and saves you a lot of money over the time.

Bad Paint on Mitsubishi Outlander!
By kathy on 07/22/10 07:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 2 years and can accurately review it now. I have several complaints. 1-The paint and body quality is terrible.It looks like I've been in a hail storm from the side. I have had cars for 6 years that didn't have as many dings and marks as this car does. It's a mess. 2-I have found there to be large blind spots on the bottom front windshield corners. I have, on many occasions, just missed pedestrians or cars coming from the opposite corner. The corner joining metal and the rear view mirrors create too large of a blind spot. 3-The interior being black on the red model. The other choice was light cream (on and SUV?). It is the hottest car I have ever been in.4-Gas mileage

Great Overall SUV
By DriveALot on 07/15/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my deep blue metallic with 3 miles on it, 2.5 years and 66,000 miles later this is absolutely a great vehicle. Seats do get a little uncomfortable after a bit of driving. Set the cruise and I get about 27 on highway and 19 around town, V6 front wheel drive, that's pretty good. I call it my Pack Mule, fold the rear seats forward and there's plenty of room to load everything from a set of bunk beds to a six foot ladder. Done all the preventative maintenance and it's never missed a beat

Liked it so much I bought two!
By Neale on 04/01/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

Great flexibility, good gas mileage! I have a 90 lb. Doberman who loves to ride in the back! Very dog friendly! I don't think I have paid anything in maintenance with my dealer sending free oil change certificates and rotating my tires for free! Great sound system, hands free phone. very comfortable seating with good support. I am getting about 23 mpg with mostly city driving.

Great Car exactly what I was looking for
By Chad on 03/30/10 07:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Best priced, best looking, crossover SUV on market. Great performance, great space, great options, great reliability, great mpg!

2008 xls outlander
By s. mitchell on 01/05/10 04:52 AM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I Love it!!!! Got it a couple of weeks ago and I have nothing but good things to say about it..Runs great, looks great, so much fun to drive. Looked at several types of crossover suvs and this was by far the best one. I will say that the XLS Model is the way to go. All the gadgets are very cool.

Covering too many goals
By oldkrog on 11/24/09 16:57 PM (PST)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted an suv with relatively good mileage, as much room for my autistic son as possible, good handling and a v6. Got them all in the outlander. But inside, plastic not very good, upholstery just so-so and there is Styrofoam under the floor carpets. Glad I got it, but wish I had gone for the xls loaded. Accelerates kinda odd, but you adapt to it. Turn on the air or radio, nothing happens for a couple seconds, like it has to think about it.

Great value for your money!
By Fritz Lindstrom on 10/11/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle for use instead of my useless Ford F 150. I was a bit nervous about my first backroad/offroad trip but the Outlander handled great. It is almost as high of the ground as a truck so you can go through potholes and deep puddles. Highway mileage is good, city mileage is decent. It is definitely good value for money.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.