2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Good value
By 502flier on 11/26/12 23:26 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife wanted this vehicle to replace her 04 Outlander, which she loved. Turns out that it gets better mileage than the 4 cyl. and has tons more power. I'm not a big fan of the transmission, which hesitates slightly when accelerating from a stop light (almost like a delay between gas pedal and actual go). There are foot wells under the front seats, which are great for taller backseat passengers. We now have 200,000 km on this vehicle (15,000 the first 10 days we owned it) and, aside from a transfer case seal and squeaky rear shocks (both replaced under warranty, it has been regular maintenance only. Changed the plugs last week at $400+, but it was past time. Wife still loves it.

awesome sleeper car
By mikal69 on 10/05/12 06:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

only had my Outie for a few months, but she has been great, you get a lot of quality for the used price, liked it better than the typical Toyotas and Hondas, and better build quality than pretty much everything else in it's range, it's no BMW or Mercades though. sporty ride and steering, and perfect for those of us 6ft plus. lots of room. Love that the back seats recline and adjust, so that the person sitting behind me isn't cramped. overall, a really really nice Suburban Utility Vehicle, just wouldn't trust it off-road.

Great, but beware the Paint
By matterie on 08/20/12 06:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car for about 5 years now. Overall, we have been very pleased with it except for one issue: the paint. The clear coat appears does not appear to be of quality resulting in a car that scratches easy and a result, looks pretty awful after a short period of ownership. The built-in media center was cool at first, but is a bit annoying with expensive map updates and the inability to load MP3's on the hard drive. It will only load from original music CD's (or WAV files). Minus the paint, reliability has been very good.

Love my 2007 Outlander
By lessygirl84 on 07/23/12 12:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2007 Outlander from a Mitsubishi dealership in 2010. It was a used rental car and I was really concerned when I bought it but I have read so many wonderful things about them so I took a chance. The only thing I have done to it is maintinence. I have changed the oil, bought new tires, and changed the transmission fluid. It runs smooth and has almost 90k miles on it. My mechanic/Uncle said he was very impressed by how clean the undercarriage is. (It takes a lot to impress him) At Christmas my mother told me that I couldn't possibly fit my three children including my infant, in the car with their bikes and presents but I did. It wasn't cramped but there was not a ton of room left

Love it!
By arwood on 06/18/12 18:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, used with just under 50k miles on it, in 2010 when I graduated college. The first month I had it I drove it from AZ to AK! Very Comfortable. Didn't have a single problem. I have now lived in AK for over 2 years and have driven in all the craziest weather conditions and couldnt be happier! It gets decent gas mileage, I love that I can switch on AWD whenever I need it, the sound system is AWESOME and I always get complimets on how nice it is. I went from driving a sports car to this and I love my Mitsubishi and would definitely buy another!

Packed with features, and a blast to drive
By aggropa on 04/19/12 13:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I spent probably a few hundred hours researching SUV's, and decided the Mitsubishi is tops for value, reliability, looks, and options. I originally wanted an Endeavor (also an excellent vehicle), but found a really great deal on my 07 Outlander. I've only had it for less than a month, but this SUV is so much fun to drive, and surprises me constantly. I keep finding great features (see below). Engine sounds an looks great, build seems solid, great look, and an awesome value (especially used).

Super Car clearly a Best Bet ..
By eagleeyez on 12/18/11 06:56 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought 2007 Outlander for my son , compared to competitors (subaru forester, hyundai santa fe, jeep liberty and others ) this car is fantastic . The V6 is powerful and silky smooth, handling and breaks are tight , and the seats are very comfortable , just finished 900 mile trip. Car has the optional Rockford Fosgate stereo which is also very nice ..Oh and yes it gets great gas mileage and its loaded with safety features such as side air , front air , side curtain air stability control . In truth there is no comparing the underpowered poorly implemented 4 cylinder junk from buru , and hyundai , jeep has a weak v6 that guzzles gas . Would buy the Mitsu again ..

Best deal around!
By usafwifey on 11/13/11 22:03 PM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Outlander used with 58,000 miles on it. I have put 2000 miles on it since then and I love it! This car is the best deal in its class! I shopped around for about 3 months before purchasing this car and looked at a Nissan Rogue, Xterra, Kia Sorento, and a Santa Fe previously. The Outlander is able to provide the best quality, most fatures, and best reliability for the money! I have a feeling my next car will be a newer Outlander!

Great little Crossover
By leftbrain on 07/07/11 05:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this little 2007 Outlander just over a year ago - with just under 45K. I've enjoyed driving it immensely - no problems whatsoever so far! The only thing I dislike about it is the red dash lights - if I could change them to blue or green, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Fortunately for me, though, I rarely drive at night, so it doesn't annoy me too often ;-).

2 year review
By rdbmpls on 12/22/10 08:48 AM (PST)

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am a normal person in that I am not a car snob nor a gear-head. In a vehicle, I only want a few things… first and foremost I want a reliable vehicle that gets me from point A to point B. I want a vehicle that makes me feel comfortable while driving in it. I live in Minneapolis, MN and am 6’4” so I need a vehicle that can drive through sloppy/snowy weather and this vehicle can get that done. It also gets good highway MPG(23-27Highway MPG) (only ok if continually driving in the city:14-17MPG) If you are looking for a reliable, small SUV, that offers solid features at a good price, purchase the Outlander.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.