Used 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Good value
By 502flier

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife wanted this vehicle to replace her 04 Outlander, which she loved. Turns out that it gets better mileage than the 4 cyl. and has tons more power. I'm not a big fan of the transmission, which hesitates slightly when accelerating from a stop light (almost like a delay between gas pedal and actual go). There are foot wells under the front seats, which are great for taller backseat passengers. We now have 200,000 km on this vehicle (15,000 the first 10 days we owned it) and, aside from a transfer case seal and squeaky rear shocks (both replaced under warranty, it has been regular maintenance only. Changed the plugs last week at $400+, but it was past time. Wife still loves it.

Factory Yokohama Geolandar tires are excellent. All doors are tight at 200,000 km. Headlights are amazing. Recently made a trip through the Canadian Rockies at mostly 100++ km/hr and averaged 34 mpg (Canadian) over 700 miles.

Better isolation from road noise. Better trim on windshield. Automatic climate control on XL models. More positive transmission. Does suffer from torque steer under hard accleration.

awesome sleeper car
By mikal69

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

only had my Outie for a few months, but she has been great, you get a lot of quality for the used price, liked it better than the typical Toyotas and Hondas, and better build quality than pretty much everything else in it's range, it's no BMW or Mercades though. sporty ride and steering, and perfect for those of us 6ft plus. lots of room. Love that the back seats recline and adjust, so that the person sitting behind me isn't cramped. overall, a really really nice Suburban Utility Vehicle, just wouldn't trust it off-road.

truck like tailgate. adjustable rear seats, all the storage space, great vision to outside world. minimal blind spots, nice huge side mirrors. styling.

stereo is lacking in quality sound, seats could conform a little more (i've always owned sports cars until now). door trim is a little plain, and the faux suede seats are kinda meh.

Great, but beware the Paint
By matterie

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car for about 5 years now. Overall, we have been very pleased with it except for one issue: the paint. The clear coat appears does not appear to be of quality resulting in a car that scratches easy and a result, looks pretty awful after a short period of ownership. The built-in media center was cool at first, but is a bit annoying with expensive map updates and the inability to load MP3's on the hard drive. It will only load from original music CD's (or WAV files). Minus the paint, reliability has been very good.

Better clear coat/paint!

Love my 2007 Outlander
By lessygirl84

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2007 Outlander from a Mitsubishi dealership in 2010. It was a used rental car and I was really concerned when I bought it but I have read so many wonderful things about them so I took a chance. The only thing I have done to it is maintinence. I have changed the oil, bought new tires, and changed the transmission fluid. It runs smooth and has almost 90k miles on it. My mechanic/Uncle said he was very impressed by how clean the undercarriage is. (It takes a lot to impress him) At Christmas my mother told me that I couldn't possibly fit my three children including my infant, in the car with their bikes and presents but I did. It wasn't cramped but there was not a ton of room left

1. Space 2. The Tailgate (such a convenience for loading furniture and groceries) 3. Gas mileage (it says 27 hwy but I usually get 28-29 with the a/c off and 24-26 with it on) 4. Runs smooth 5. Cheap to own (Only maint. expenses so far) 6. It looks nice and the price was amazing! I just laugh when I see the Lexus or other comparable higher-cost model.

Do not take away the tailgate! I heard the newer models may not have them anymore, If that is the case, I would rather keep mine no matter how old or how expensive it would be to fix if something mechnical failed.

Love it!
By arwood

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander, used with just under 50k miles on it, in 2010 when I graduated college. The first month I had it I drove it from AZ to AK! Very Comfortable. Didn't have a single problem. I have now lived in AK for over 2 years and have driven in all the craziest weather conditions and couldnt be happier! It gets decent gas mileage, I love that I can switch on AWD whenever I need it, the sound system is AWESOME and I always get complimets on how nice it is. I went from driving a sports car to this and I love my Mitsubishi and would definitely buy another!

The AWD, functionality and comfort of the interior, sound system, gas mileage of a V6

I never could get my Blue Tooth to work...user error? Needs a Haynes maintenance manual My brakes always squeek no matter how many times i get them checked Needs enging block heater (i put an oil pan heater on it and it seems to do fine)