Used 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Love my 2007 Outlander
By lessygirl84

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2007 Outlander from a Mitsubishi dealership in 2010. It was a used rental car and I was really concerned when I bought it but I have read so many wonderful things about them so I took a chance. The only thing I have done to it is maintinence. I have changed the oil, bought new tires, and changed the transmission fluid. It runs smooth and has almost 90k miles on it. My mechanic/Uncle said he was very impressed by how clean the undercarriage is. (It takes a lot to impress him) At Christmas my mother told me that I couldn't possibly fit my three children including my infant, in the car with their bikes and presents but I did. It wasn't cramped but there was not a ton of room left

Favorite Features

1. Space 2. The Tailgate (such a convenience for loading furniture and groceries) 3. Gas mileage (it says 27 hwy but I usually get 28-29 with the a/c off and 24-26 with it on) 4. Runs smooth 5. Cheap to own (Only maint. expenses so far) 6. It looks nice and the price was amazing! I just laugh when I see the Lexus or other comparable higher-cost model.

Suggested Improvements

Do not take away the tailgate! I heard the newer models may not have them anymore, If that is the case, I would rather keep mine no matter how old or how expensive it would be to fix if something mechnical failed.

Super Car clearly a Best Bet ..
By eagleeyez

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought 2007 Outlander for my son , compared to competitors (subaru forester, hyundai santa fe, jeep liberty and others ) this car is fantastic . The V6 is powerful and silky smooth, handling and breaks are tight , and the seats are very comfortable , just finished 900 mile trip. Car has the optional Rockford Fosgate stereo which is also very nice ..Oh and yes it gets great gas mileage and its loaded with safety features such as side air , front air , side curtain air stability control . In truth there is no comparing the underpowered poorly implemented 4 cylinder junk from buru , and hyundai , jeep has a weak v6 that guzzles gas . Would buy the Mitsu again ..

Favorite Features

Impressive handling , breaking and engine exceleration . Oustanding gas mileage 20/27 Comfortable seating Excellent safety ratings All around wonderful car ...

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a little less plastic on the interior , but given all the upside really not an issue.

Great little Crossover
By leftbrain

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this little 2007 Outlander just over a year ago - with just under 45K. I've enjoyed driving it immensely - no problems whatsoever so far! The only thing I dislike about it is the red dash lights - if I could change them to blue or green, I'd do that in a heartbeat. Fortunately for me, though, I rarely drive at night, so it doesn't annoy me too often ;-).

Favorite Features

Back seat is roomy and comfortable - no complaints from my teen daughters or my parents when they ride with me.

Suggested Improvements

Change the dash light colors, LOL.

Love the Outlander - so fun
By Love it

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've been driving the Outlander for a year now. Bought it brand new. My favorites are the torque (very quick), fun to drive, turning radius, love the liftgate (perfect for changing babies diapers), backseats lay down easily, the upgraded bluetooth is nice, all the cupholders are handy, great setup in the front seat, and the long warranty are just some of my positives. My husband likes the head space, yet it is small for tight garage. My only complaint is the seats are very sporty & not as soft and comfy as I would like. After about 6 mo, I had a problem with the circuit breaker (I may have blew something out) and the dealership replaced everything free & immediately with no questions asked

Favorite Features

Turning radius, torque & sportiness, warranty, liftgate, numerous cupholders and compartments, fun to drive, seems very sturdy, drives very well - tight around the corners.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats for long drives.

Great Vehicle
By sunshyndrmr

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a fantastic car! I had seen the Outlander but thought it was out of my price range and moved on. After test driving the Scion Xb which I originally planned to buy, I was less impressed than I thought I would be. I wanted something or more quality not just fun. This is both! I got lucky, they had 2 '07's on the lot that they were trying to get rid of, and I ended up with more options that I could've ever afforded

Favorite Features

Everything! I've never had a car with many options, but I love knowing how many miles till empty, sunroof, radio (got the higher stereo system) and DVD player is nice, wouldn't have upgraded but it was already in this car.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any, but I've only had it for a few days. I just think it's great so far!