2006 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Review: Young Family Car

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Young Family Car
By ihab.salem on

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is very practical for small/young family. It's smooth, quick, not feature rich but do the required. Average cargo space, very comfortable with more than enough legs, head and shoulders space for 5 adults (or 2 adults, 2 child, and a baby seat). As I am living in a very hot country I found the AC is very effective in summer. The automatic gear is very responsive. I tried many other SUVs nowadays (e.g. Acadia, Pilot, Explorer, etc) and can't find any match to its powerful & responsive brakes. I was near the Oman tsunami in 2006 (in Sharjah Emirate) and this car saved me from drowning in water in low streets while similar SUV drowned (CR-V, Sportage, Vitara). But very low MPG in city.

Ground clearance enough to avoid bumps & rocks while not being shaky, ability to reach 192KMH, very stable in hard curves on high speeds (125 KPH) while it doesn't have any stability/traction systems, powerful ABS, exterior looks.

Very low MPG in city, high wind noise on highways driving above 120 KPH. The back seat passengers should have airbags.