2006 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Review: The car survived the college s

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

The car survived the college student but not the accident
By alycop on

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'll be honest, I am a college student and I did not maintain the car well. I received the car in 2011 at 67k and the tires, battery and brakes needed to be replaced. Since then I had nothing more than a burnt out headlight. It ran great, got good highway mileage for an SUV, and had plenty of room. Sometimes it would take a second turn of the key to start, but that was because I procrastinated (big time) on oil changes and such. 2.5 years and 30k miles later I had an accident after my tire blew from hitting a hubcap. We spun out, I over corrected, slid to a ditch and rolled over. I came out with out a scratch, my boyfriend got a mild concussion, but my poor car was totaled.

Excellent clearance, plenty of space for people or my junk, good sound system, good highway mpg(24-26), A+ safety

More preference than anything; no aux for mp3, in city mpg (15-19), black cars are bad in a dessert