2006 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Review: Updated comments

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 4-speed Automatic)

Updated comments
By Outlander2 on

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Two months ago I rated my newly purchased Outlander. I still feel that the car is very smooth. It rides very quiet and is very comfortable. I especially like the transmission, allowing to shift up and down on the go. The sound system is great. I found that the rear wiper to be almost useless. It does not clean a large enough surface to allow for a clear vue, The rear wiper is a pain to change. The plastic on which mudguards are mounted is beginning to deteriorate. Gas mileage is disappointing from a 4 cyl. car. I find the tires 215/55/17 to be oversize and the 94V rating in unnecessary for this car with a top speed of 120 mph. The windows and sunroof freeze when cold.

Sound system AWD variable Transmission Looks and feels Leather seats Sunroof Quietness Smoothness

Better fuel economy Better plastic, more rigid tires that fit the characteristics of the car. I would think 215/60/16 would be very appropriate. Plastic is very cheap.