I absolutely loved the 06 Outlander!
By gigemmer on
2006 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this Outlander used in 07 and continued to drive it until last week, when it was totaled in an accident. I actually cried when the adjuster told me it was totaled, because I LOVED this car! We put 80,000 miles on it over the 4 years, and not once did we need a repair, except to replace the brakes at 90k. I wanted to write this review because of how well it held up in our wreck. We were rear-ended while at a complete stop by a guy going 50. We were thrown into the guardrail, but the only major damages were in appearance. The car held up extremely well, and none of us was injured. I was so impressed by how safe it was, I'm planning on buying another one!
Favorite Features
Though reviews say it has a cheaply made plastic interior, I must say that nothing ever broke or became damaged, and I am pretty rough on my cars. My mom's expensive jeep has had several interior pieces break off, but I've never had that problem in this car. The mesh seats were easy to clean and keep clean, even with my two dogs often riding in the car. Passengers always commented on how roomy the back seat leg room was, and I agree. Also loved the fold down seats...I could fit 2 small kayaks in this car, as well as 8 pairs of skis, dressers, and tables. (I buy a lot of furniture.)
Suggested Improvements
The only thing that really bugged me with this car was the shape of the hatchback. Because it opened inside the width of the taillights, the opening was narrower at the bottom. This was a pain, because furniture that looked like it would fit had to be hoisted above the opening and slid into the trunk space. However, this feature has been improved on the 2007 model.