Used 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Love It
By Ebough

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2006 Outlander after almost eight years driving a Ford SHO. I wanted a truck, but we picked the Outlander as a compromise. After years of driving a very powerful, low profile car, the Outlander took a lot of getting used to. However, once I was comfortable I love it. I hate super plush cars, so this is a great compromise between a car and a truck - and honestly, with Mitsubishi's road rally experience, I expect to be able to get out of my driveway many mornings without snowblowing. Once I get my first scratch I might go down some dirt roads. If you're looking for something with quick acceleration, this is not the car. But it does cruise quite nicely.

Size - perfect for a petite woman. Not too big and not too small.

Get the sunroof.

Happy Purchase
By sarah

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I was looking through possible vehicles to purchase upon a move to snowy Minnesota, I met with a dealership that found the Outlander would match my needs. While I wasn't a big fan of the outer appearance, it was nice to look at a car that wasn't exactly the same as all the other small SUVs. I ended up buying the car after checking out some of it's competitors (i.e. CRV, VUE, RAV4) and have found my Outlander to be a terrific buy. I think it is very comfortable, with a simple, clean interior. I would recommend this car to someone looking for a smaller AWD vehicle.

The leather upholstery is quite nice, and the sound system is great!

More power (which happened with the new models) and power seats.

Good for its class
By bmwadam

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car back in December of 2005. We have over 30,000 miles on it now and have had any problems whatsoever. It has NEVER been to the dealer, I do all of the maintenance myself and the car is very easy to work on for the home mechanic. Good gas mileage for its class. All around a good deal for someone that is wanting a compact, SUV.

Styling is nice. Seats are comfortable, good stereo system. Tinted windows are also nice. Very easy to fold down the rear seats.

GET RID OF THE TIMING BELT! (This is 2006) Also the 4G69 MIVEC has to have the valves adjusted. (Again this is 2006) It would also benefit from a larger engine BUT I think they fixed this with the new ones.

Great Crossover
By Gooch

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2006 Certified Used Outlander AWD. I got the 100,000 mile powertrain and 5 yr / 60,000 mile bumper to bumper, no deductible warranties. What other car company has a warranty like that! ZERO.. I had a 1998 Ford Explorer with 50,000 miles prior to the Outlander. I put over $3,000 in repairs into it in the last two years. I was looking for a quality vehicle, I found that in the Outlander. I am sold on Mitsubishi. The Outlander is a great crossover vehicle, it is fun to drive and handles great. I live in Western PA and the winters are nasty. I feel 100% safer in the Outlander than I ever did in the Explorer and the AWD hardly has to kick in.

The great style, AWD, and comfortable seats. It is the only vehicle that I really enjoy driving.

The gas mileage is around 17 mpg with the AWD. I live in the mountains so anything that I buy usually doesn't come close to that they say. It's better than the 10 mpg that I used to get with the Explorer.

Great Small AWD SUV...
By Ryan

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Mitsubishi Endeavor for the Outlander. I love the Outlander's aggressive styling. The handling of this car is amazing as well. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone.

The analog clock, 6 disc CD changer, MIVEC engine, and styling.

More power would be nice in any vehicle!