2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Outlander
By Jane Wright on 12/30/06 03:16 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall reliability has been good.

Fun
By Ghost on 07/14/06 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Mitsubishi I have owned, not including my TV ... They are great cars and are very reliable. I test drove an Outlander a year ago, but was not quite ready to purchase one. Now I wish I had then. Even though this is a "base" model it has lots of perks like power locks, power windows, a decent stereo and rear defogger. This is stuff you would pay extra for on some of the other small SUV's. The 5-speed transmission is pretty responsive and, in reality, it has plenty of power for a SUV this size. It is also larger than it looks. I was suprised how much the size was comparable with my 2001 Jeep Cherokee. I really have enjoyed mine.

The Best Bang for my Buck
By Alex L on 07/13/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had never even heard of the Outlander. I didn't want another Honda CR-V or Ford Escape like everyone on my block. The wife saw it first. The more I checked it out the more I liked it too. It was overall exactly what we needed at the time. The deciding factors were its good gas mileage, interior space, reasonable price, color and the desire to own something different. It could use more power and two more seats though. I'm still more than satisfied with this buy. I love when people ask "Hey what is that, its cool lookin." I personally love the silver color. Well that's my rewiew

Great value, overlooked SUV
By djenkins on 05/29/06 07:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It is strange that this SUV crossover does not get better professional reviews. Everywhere I look on the net, the people who actually own one are very happy with it while pro editorial reviewers usally give mediocre reviews. It gives great value, luxury car level comfort and a modern, aggressive styling both in and out. I have the Limited version with leather. It really upgrades this entry level SUV to a luxury entry level and its double sunroofs are a nice feature. The 4-cyl. 2.4liter MIVEC engine gets the job done nicely and feels faster then it actually is. Its handling is tighter and more sport sedan-like than ALL of it's competitors including the new RAV4. I tested all of them and this one is tops, I have no regrets.

2006 Outlander AWD
By don williamson on 05/06/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander is exactly the right SUV for our needs. It performs better than expected.

An Eye Catching SUV
By Bud on 03/09/06 15:04 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Outlander is a great deal for the money with one of the best warranties out there on the market. This is the second Mitsubishi I have owned with my trading in a Galant for the Outlander SE. I reached for five months before buying the Outlander and what kept me coming back to the Outlander was the warranty, the outside look of the SUV and the overall qaulity of the SUV. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV with nice pick up and go with a stylish look inside and out.

Love this truck!
By meagain076 on 03/06/06 08:18 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander this weekend. I fell in love with the design, and the sportiness of it. It is well worth the low price tag, and it is very fun to drive. It handles well on corners, though the pickup from start is a little slow. The gas mileage is great. Overall I am very happy with my purchase!

Commuter's SUV
By Maggie on 02/15/06 01:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

If you want a commuter SUV, the Mitsubishi Outlander is it. It handles like a car, is solid, has good fuel economy, and best of all a low price tag. It hugs the road and makes the driver feel safe.

Outlandish
By T.CAGLE on 01/28/06 21:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have only owned my 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander for a month, but I have been thrilled with it. It has quite a bit of pep and handles really well. I have been fairly pleased with the gas mileage. I am not disappointed with buying the vehicle I would recommend the Outlander to anyone looking to buy a small SUV. And it just looks tough!

Nice Truck
By WHW on 01/03/06 15:30 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander is a good, dependable, affordable alternative to larger SUV's. I very much like and enjoy driving this vehicle. I've always had larger SUV's but got tired of the gas prices and vehicle costs associated with them. The Outlander handles, rides, and performs very well for the price. It's worth looking into if you, as well, are tired of the high prices involved with the larger SUV's.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.