Used 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Fantastic Vehicle
By Julie

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine used with 32000 miles on it. I have had NO problems with it at all. Have to replace brakes and oil that's it. I couldn't be happier with my Outlander. I have a few friends that have one too. From a 2003 to a 2007. Can't beat these vehicles. I drive 100 miles a day.

I love the look of the vehicle. Love the way the seat hugs your sides and of course the multi cd player with the Infiti stereo. When you drive the miles I do you would love one too.

Compact SUV for cheaper price!
By Tom

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We didn't really expect the power on this car since it is only a 4 cylinder but it's a great car for the city. We like its rear where it is easier to open unlike Rav 4. We also like that this vehicle is not so up high. My wife is short and we also have a Tacoma so this is a good car for her. Stereo system sounds great. More room for small family. However, the highway ride is a bit rough and noisy. I am so used to my Tacoma. The power mirror control is a bit out of reach when trying to adjust during the drive. I also agree with some other reviewers that the radio needs to be closer, maybe on the steering wheel. Interior material for LS is a bit cheap but the seats can be covered up.

Stereo system sounds really good. We like it better than our Tacoma. The price is better than other compact SUV with options that do not cost more.

Better quality interior material for the base price one.

AMAZING!!!
By Anthony

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm coming from driving a 2002 ford ranger, so I'm new to the compact suv class. My father has a 2008 Highlander Hybrid and I'm getting better fuel economy than him. The 2.4 engine is perfectly sized, I did put a K&N drop in air filter in, and I am very responsible with oil changes and injector cleaning cycles. My best tank since I've owned the vehicle was 30 MPG!! And my worst was still at 22 so I cannot complain. I'm a teenager so I do enjoy a sporty ride, and this car delivers.

Infinity sound system, heated seats, folding rear seats (I'm a skier and this fits my skis perfectly), sportiness.

Sun roof!! Opening rear glass window for those hot summer days

A lot of car for the money
By Luna

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just love the look of this car! I test drove all of the competition of approximately the same year, 2006 and nothing looked or handled as well as this vehicle. I am still impressed with how solid it is, yet how sporty it is to drive. I also am astounded at the great gas mileage. My boyfriend has a Jetta and the Outlander gets a bit better gas mileage! I need the space to haul things for my gallery as well as a car to do errands and take clients out. This car can do it all. I am extremely pleased.

Sporty look and fun to drive. You don't have to take the back headrests off to lower the back seats. When seats are lowered, the space is completely flat! So versatile

I would love the driver armrest to be a bit longer.

What a Deal! A quality Vehicle
By fratomdev

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched every mid level SUV out there on every car site I could find. What got me to look at the Outlander was that I couldn't find any complaints from people that bought a used one. The same was not true for the RAV4, CRV, Ford Escape or the Forester. I originally was going to buy a 2007, but decided to test a used 2006 LS AWD. Both my wife and I felt the 2006 was quieter and road better. I haven't driven in the snow, but I am sure it will be great up here in Syracuse where we get 160" a year, thus why I wanted an AWD. The interior is big compared to my Camry. The quality is impressive.

Interior and exterior design. AWD road clearance. Round dash vent dampers. Foldable seats and cargo space. Bright headlights. Basic, clean functional controls and layout. Rear seat is spacious. Large side mirrors. High seating position and their comfort. Smooth transmission.

Outdoor temperature and compass, MP3 aux jack - so not much.