2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Fantastic Vehicle
By Julie on 06/25/09 11:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought mine used with 32000 miles on it. I have had NO problems with it at all. Have to replace brakes and oil that's it. I couldn't be happier with my Outlander. I have a few friends that have one too. From a 2003 to a 2007. Can't beat these vehicles. I drive 100 miles a day.

Compact SUV for cheaper price!
By Tom on 05/03/09 06:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We didn't really expect the power on this car since it is only a 4 cylinder but it's a great car for the city. We like its rear where it is easier to open unlike Rav 4. We also like that this vehicle is not so up high. My wife is short and we also have a Tacoma so this is a good car for her. Stereo system sounds great. More room for small family. However, the highway ride is a bit rough and noisy. I am so used to my Tacoma. The power mirror control is a bit out of reach when trying to adjust during the drive. I also agree with some other reviewers that the radio needs to be closer, maybe on the steering wheel. Interior material for LS is a bit cheap but the seats can be covered up.

AMAZING!!!
By Anthony on 01/15/09 17:33 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm coming from driving a 2002 ford ranger, so I'm new to the compact suv class. My father has a 2008 Highlander Hybrid and I'm getting better fuel economy than him. The 2.4 engine is perfectly sized, I did put a K&N drop in air filter in, and I am very responsible with oil changes and injector cleaning cycles. My best tank since I've owned the vehicle was 30 MPG!! And my worst was still at 22 so I cannot complain. I'm a teenager so I do enjoy a sporty ride, and this car delivers.

A lot of car for the money
By Luna on 07/20/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just love the look of this car! I test drove all of the competition of approximately the same year, 2006 and nothing looked or handled as well as this vehicle. I am still impressed with how solid it is, yet how sporty it is to drive. I also am astounded at the great gas mileage. My boyfriend has a Jetta and the Outlander gets a bit better gas mileage! I need the space to haul things for my gallery as well as a car to do errands and take clients out. This car can do it all. I am extremely pleased.

What a Deal! A quality Vehicle
By fratomdev on 10/02/07 19:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I researched every mid level SUV out there on every car site I could find. What got me to look at the Outlander was that I couldn't find any complaints from people that bought a used one. The same was not true for the RAV4, CRV, Ford Escape or the Forester. I originally was going to buy a 2007, but decided to test a used 2006 LS AWD. Both my wife and I felt the 2006 was quieter and road better. I haven't driven in the snow, but I am sure it will be great up here in Syracuse where we get 160" a year, thus why I wanted an AWD. The interior is big compared to my Camry. The quality is impressive.

Love It
By Ebough on 09/11/07 12:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2006 Outlander after almost eight years driving a Ford SHO. I wanted a truck, but we picked the Outlander as a compromise. After years of driving a very powerful, low profile car, the Outlander took a lot of getting used to. However, once I was comfortable I love it. I hate super plush cars, so this is a great compromise between a car and a truck - and honestly, with Mitsubishi's road rally experience, I expect to be able to get out of my driveway many mornings without snowblowing. Once I get my first scratch I might go down some dirt roads. If you're looking for something with quick acceleration, this is not the car. But it does cruise quite nicely.

Happy Purchase
By sarah on 04/24/07 08:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I was looking through possible vehicles to purchase upon a move to snowy Minnesota, I met with a dealership that found the Outlander would match my needs. While I wasn't a big fan of the outer appearance, it was nice to look at a car that wasn't exactly the same as all the other small SUVs. I ended up buying the car after checking out some of it's competitors (i.e. CRV, VUE, RAV4) and have found my Outlander to be a terrific buy. I think it is very comfortable, with a simple, clean interior. I would recommend this car to someone looking for a smaller AWD vehicle.

Good for its class
By bmwadam on 04/07/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife bought this car back in December of 2005. We have over 30,000 miles on it now and have had any problems whatsoever. It has NEVER been to the dealer, I do all of the maintenance myself and the car is very easy to work on for the home mechanic. Good gas mileage for its class. All around a good deal for someone that is wanting a compact, SUV.

Great Crossover
By Gooch on 02/09/07 09:12 AM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2006 Certified Used Outlander AWD. I got the 100,000 mile powertrain and 5 yr / 60,000 mile bumper to bumper, no deductible warranties. What other car company has a warranty like that! ZERO.. I had a 1998 Ford Explorer with 50,000 miles prior to the Outlander. I put over $3,000 in repairs into it in the last two years. I was looking for a quality vehicle, I found that in the Outlander. I am sold on Mitsubishi. The Outlander is a great crossover vehicle, it is fun to drive and handles great. I live in Western PA and the winters are nasty. I feel 100% safer in the Outlander than I ever did in the Explorer and the AWD hardly has to kick in.

Great Small AWD SUV...
By Ryan on 01/23/07 12:32 PM (PST)

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my Mitsubishi Endeavor for the Outlander. I love the Outlander's aggressive styling. The handling of this car is amazing as well. I'd recommend this SUV to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.