Used 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Better than expected
By Chuck

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After "trying on" several small SUVs, I decided this one has the best seat comfort which was my main criterion. I was pleasantly surprised with the mpg and ergonomics of the unit as well. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a small SUV with AWD.

Favorite Features

Driver's seat comfort, performance for size, fit and finish, economy.

Suggested Improvements

Possibly an extra coat of paint. Any small rock or ding will chip the red paint on mine showing a white underpaint.

Love this Car
By Mary

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I shopped around for a good used vehicle. I bought the Mitsubishi Outlander sight unseen. It came with a great warranty. I am really enjoying sitting higher in the vehicle than in a sedan. It has plenty of power for me. I also like the height to get in an out. It is just right for me. I don't have to use a sideboard. It gets better gas mileage than I expected. It hugs the road while driving and has great braking. It has a somewhat plain interior, but it is fine for me. The sound system is great also. It does everything I need.

Favorite Features

Sound, exterior design, and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo controls on the steering wheel and mp3 input jack.

Would buy it again
By mikec

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With almost 40000 miles on the SUV we have had zero repairs or work done on the vehicle. For a 4 cylinder engine, performace is great. Quick acceleration even with the AC on, 5 people and a load of cargo.

Favorite Features

Front seat, very comfortable for long drives. Plenty of leg room for my 6'2" son to fit in the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

The rear cargo area should be made a little more boxy to provide more storage. With the curved rear hatch, a lot of room is lost.

My first AWD
By Tbone Steak

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first AWD with stick shift and it's perfect for all weather, especially in snow! Car runs good and smoothly. I had this for like 2 years now and it's reached 40,000 so far, and has no problem at all. I have referred many of my friends to buy this car. Great price with good quality.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive with 5 speeds stick shift, you get out from the curbside in snow like you drive in the summer time. (I tested on 6 inchs snow.)

Suggested Improvements

Nothing!

Outlandish
By camusgirl

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Outlander in three years after an AWFUL lease experience with Toyota where I will NEVER purchase another vehicle! Mitsubishi is right across the street and is wonderful to deal with, both in sales and service. The Outlander does everything I need it to do and more! Its gas mileage is above average (between 25 - 28 mpg) and its comfort is excellent with the lumbar package in the front leather seat. The Sunroof and sounds make the ride a joy and it is not HIGH off the ground so even in evening wear with high heels I can slide into the seat comfortably. I cannot wait to purchase a 2007 with a V6!

Favorite Features

The leather, sunroof, and size.

Suggested Improvements

It should have a retractable antennae. The car wash would be easier to drive through with one. That's about it!