2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
One Fun SUV
By Mitsu fan on 09/26/06 14:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck when my cute old Mitsubishi Mirage coupe got totalled in an accident in 2005. I was a Mitsubishi fan due to the fact that I never had a single issue with my 1997 Mirage for eight years, and this vehicle has reinforced my liking of Mitsubishi. My wife drives a Honda-CRV, and the Outlander definitely feels roomier in comparison when I drive (I am 6 feet tall). Add to that the 5 year/60000 mile warranty and an unbelievable price when I bought it (about $6,000 below sticker) and I was sold immediately.

Mitsu Review
By jpatulak on 06/07/06 18:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Except for the gas mileage - way below advertised figures - this has been a great car. The AWD is best feature - the vehicle is excellent in snow and ice - teamed with the standard Yokohama Geolander tires the vehicle has super traction in adverse weather. The interior is well designed for driver comfort & ease. The only amenities it is lacking are heated outside mirrors and cross bars on the roof . The dealer service, so far, has been excellent.

Better than expected
By Eric on 05/29/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Outlander has car-like handling with no bad manners. This vehicle is easy to drive, park and has good visability. I am very impressed with the quiet ride on the highway. There is no wind noise and the seats are comfortable. Its ride is stiff but very very solid. Its controls are simple. The 2.4L engine offers adequate power and is smooth. The transmission is also well matched to the engine and shifts smoothly, sport mode is great in town and with the cruise on it prevents downshifts. The stock 4 speaker stereo is average. The rear seats recline and that helps when installing a car seat. All Wheel Drive has no computer management like a Subaru but still helps in the snow. My truck has not had one problem in 25,000 miles.

Great SUV
By Delma on 05/20/06 22:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This little SUV is just right for me. It's got everything I need. It's nice and roomy in the front and rear. Bottom line, I love my Outlander.

Review of 2005 Outlander
By Julie on 04/11/06 20:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am currently a little unhappy with the vehicle and the service. I am having an issue with an odor when the air conditioning is on. The dealer said it is condensation that is becoming moldy. They did not offer much help except to change the cabin filter, for a fee. It seems like this is a warranty issue. I haven't had the vehicle for a year, why would the air conditioning be leaking and getting moldy? The odor is bad, especially on rainy days. I wish I knew if others had this problem. I am a little frustrated, it's gross! That's my big complaint.

need a grill
By xiang on 02/22/06 22:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

notice the lower front bumper has a large open space in the center, where u can directly reach to the cooling system. A tiny rock went through hit the cooling tank. replacment costs $1000.............other than that the car is ok

Outlander is Great
By arjjm on 02/12/06 11:30 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander is a great vehicle. It stands out in a crowd as no one around here thinks to buy one of these. We get LOTS of compliments on it. The XLS package is the only way to go and the dealer sold it to us for way below sticker.

Excellent Vehicle
By Dan on 01/30/06 09:18 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I looked at every single small SUV on the market in the $18,000 to $28,000 range. I purchased the Outlander XLS FWD, Phoenix Red and the more I drive it the more I really like it. It has more than enough power, especially when using the sportronic. I think the steering is quite good, the brakes are excellent and the fit and finish both inside are quite good. I would recommend it to anybody who needs a small space vehicle.

Back seats kill me
By Teresa on 12/05/05 15:34 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We take lots of long road trips. The Mitsubishi Outlander is great on gas. I love driving it, but I absolutely hate riding in the back seat.

Surprisingly Good
By RandyWakeman on 09/19/05 00:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is an SUV that I didn't plan on buying, but after an ocean of test drives with other vehicles...I really tried to find a reason NOT to buy it, but I couldn't. I'm was pleasantly surprised at how peppy the 2.4L MIVEC engine is - it sure feels like more than a 4-cyl., and has a lot more zip than some 6-cyl. vehicles that I tested. It is extremely stable at high-speed; at 105 mph there is still some juice left (top end is about 120 mph). It has no problem keeping up with traffic when fully loaded. It's easy / fun to drive, comfotable, easy to park, and the cargo area becomes a cargo area by just dropping the seats - no headrests need to be removed. Just driving, no special attention nets me 22 mpg.