2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Reliable so far.
By lucymo on 06/28/12 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

LS model, FWD, automatic. I purchased this car when it was 2 years old and had 26K miles on it. Now it's 7 years old and has 82K miles. I have had only one problem - with the steering column - that was taken care of through 5y/60k miles warranty. I do regular maintenance according to the manual. While the LS model has a very spartan interior, it handles well. I replaced its very standard radio/CD player with an all-in-one player. It's perfect for a small family of 2-3 people or a couple with dogs. Not enough pwr with 4 adults. Mine has gas mileage of 22 mpg in the city and 26 mpg hwy. I am very happy with it and will drive it to its end, hopefully many years and many miles away.

It's not a "quality" japanese SUV.
By paintrboy on 05/27/12 04:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Outlander 1 and half years ago from the dealer. Only 59K with lots of warranty left. Worked like well for the first 4 months then, $800 of front end work. New ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings etc. Then the gas tank started leaking another $1000. Then the transmission drive shaft seals began leaking (should have been covered under warranty) $300. New clutch kit, $800, new rear caliper $618 (yes, 1 ). Still needs new windshield, 4 struts, all new bushings again, doesn't start well after fuelling up and recently the power steering rack began leaking. It currently has 91K and we still owe $7000 on it. Dealer we purchased from said they'd buyback for $2200 firm.

Good SUV
By R C on 09/06/10 16:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I saw this SUV, I knew this was the one. It was different than all the other SUVs I had looked at! The interior looked like a German Interior and not Japanese. I really like our Mitsubishi Outlander, it has been a very reliable SUV. Performance is ok for normal drivers, but if your like me, there's not enough horsepower! My wife loves her SUV. It has been such a good vehicle, that I'm going to buy a new Mitsubishi Lancer GTS for my daughter. Good luck!

Amazing!
By Tabby on 07/15/10 06:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used a week ago. I love it, it handles just the way I like, like the Lancer platform it was built on. Hugs the curves just the way I like. Holds the road with almost NO body lean. It's incredibly fun to drive. My first SUV, and I'm in love with it. Lots of room and plenty of cargo cubbyholes. Plenty of room for my big dog to ride in the back. I have the Sun & Sound package and I love my Infinity sound system. Great gas mileage for an SUV.

75k death
By joelor on 07/07/10 14:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At 75k entire rear suspension needs to be replaced. Car was cared for very well. Was told by dealer that I should have had a 4 wheel alignment every yr! Good bye mitsu

Better than expected
By Chuck on 02/19/08 10:16 AM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

After "trying on" several small SUVs, I decided this one has the best seat comfort which was my main criterion. I was pleasantly surprised with the mpg and ergonomics of the unit as well. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a small SUV with AWD.

Love this Car
By Mary on 12/05/07 19:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. I shopped around for a good used vehicle. I bought the Mitsubishi Outlander sight unseen. It came with a great warranty. I am really enjoying sitting higher in the vehicle than in a sedan. It has plenty of power for me. I also like the height to get in an out. It is just right for me. I don't have to use a sideboard. It gets better gas mileage than I expected. It hugs the road while driving and has great braking. It has a somewhat plain interior, but it is fine for me. The sound system is great also. It does everything I need.

Would buy it again
By mikec on 08/22/07 07:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

With almost 40000 miles on the SUV we have had zero repairs or work done on the vehicle. For a 4 cylinder engine, performace is great. Quick acceleration even with the AC on, 5 people and a load of cargo.

My first AWD
By Tbone Steak on 04/15/07 10:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first AWD with stick shift and it's perfect for all weather, especially in snow! Car runs good and smoothly. I had this for like 2 years now and it's reached 40,000 so far, and has no problem at all. I have referred many of my friends to buy this car. Great price with good quality.

Outlandish
By camusgirl on 11/11/06 18:12 PM (PST)

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second Outlander in three years after an AWFUL lease experience with Toyota where I will NEVER purchase another vehicle! Mitsubishi is right across the street and is wonderful to deal with, both in sales and service. The Outlander does everything I need it to do and more! Its gas mileage is above average (between 25 - 28 mpg) and its comfort is excellent with the lumbar package in the front leather seat. The Sunroof and sounds make the ride a joy and it is not HIGH off the ground so even in evening wear with high heels I can slide into the seat comfortably. I cannot wait to purchase a 2007 with a V6!