Used 2005 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Reliable so far.
By lucymo

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

LS model, FWD, automatic. I purchased this car when it was 2 years old and had 26K miles on it. Now it's 7 years old and has 82K miles. I have had only one problem - with the steering column - that was taken care of through 5y/60k miles warranty. I do regular maintenance according to the manual. While the LS model has a very spartan interior, it handles well. I replaced its very standard radio/CD player with an all-in-one player. It's perfect for a small family of 2-3 people or a couple with dogs. Not enough pwr with 4 adults. Mine has gas mileage of 22 mpg in the city and 26 mpg hwy. I am very happy with it and will drive it to its end, hopefully many years and many miles away.

It's not a "quality" japanese SUV.
By paintrboy

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Outlander 1 and half years ago from the dealer. Only 59K with lots of warranty left. Worked like well for the first 4 months then, $800 of front end work. New ball joints, tie rod ends, sway bar bushings etc. Then the gas tank started leaking another $1000. Then the transmission drive shaft seals began leaking (should have been covered under warranty) $300. New clutch kit, $800, new rear caliper $618 (yes, 1 ). Still needs new windshield, 4 struts, all new bushings again, doesn't start well after fuelling up and recently the power steering rack began leaking. It currently has 91K and we still owe $7000 on it. Dealer we purchased from said they'd buyback for $2200 firm.

Gas mileage. Quiet.

Read above.......pretty much everything. On par with Lada, mechanically, anyway.

Good SUV
By R C

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander Limited Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I saw this SUV, I knew this was the one. It was different than all the other SUVs I had looked at! The interior looked like a German Interior and not Japanese. I really like our Mitsubishi Outlander, it has been a very reliable SUV. Performance is ok for normal drivers, but if your like me, there's not enough horsepower! My wife loves her SUV. It has been such a good vehicle, that I'm going to buy a new Mitsubishi Lancer GTS for my daughter. Good luck!

Leather heated seats, moonroof

More horsepower,timing chain not timing belt

Amazing!
By Tabby

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used a week ago. I love it, it handles just the way I like, like the Lancer platform it was built on. Hugs the curves just the way I like. Holds the road with almost NO body lean. It's incredibly fun to drive. My first SUV, and I'm in love with it. Lots of room and plenty of cargo cubbyholes. Plenty of room for my big dog to ride in the back. I have the Sun & Sound package and I love my Infinity sound system. Great gas mileage for an SUV.

Sound & Sun package, and the handling.

Nothing that I can think of, I love the car.

75k death
By joelor

2005 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At 75k entire rear suspension needs to be replaced. Car was cared for very well. Was told by dealer that I should have had a 4 wheel alignment every yr! Good bye mitsu

see review