Pleasant Surprise
By Rusty on
2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
Bought this car used four years ago with 21000 miles and have 103000 on it now. It has been an almost perfect car. Nothing but regular maintenance has been required and it is an easy and even fun car to drive. Some reviews talk about a lack of power, but I have found the acceleration to be sprightly and the only time wishing it had more umph! is when loaded to the gills and trying to pass on a hill. This is the first Mitsubishi I have owned, but if it is a representative sample I am very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to get another when I need to replace this one.
Favorite Features
The ease of getting in and out of it. Reliability has been every bit as good as any of the Hondas I have owned. And while I'd be hard pressed to call it "sporty" (my other car is a Mazda Miata) it is a very enjoyable car to drive and very competent at speed in windy, wet road conditions.
Suggested Improvements
I only have two gripes with this car - the cheap plastic headlight covers that have glazed and cracked (one to the point of condensation collecting inside the housing) and the noisy front suspension (has always rattled on rough pavement even though I've never discovered anything loose).