Used 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Best compact SUV
By ruks

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Best compact SUV that I've ever driven. More power with less gas consumption. Easy to drive.

Great engine power with less gas consumption.

All SUVs should have a back sensor.

2004 Outlander XLS AWD
By benzbeforemitsu:-)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven Mercedes all my life. A few months before my lease on a 230 Komressor SLK expired I started SUV shopping. I test drove multiple makes and models and out of all of them, the Mitsubishi Outlander was the best. It met my requirements for price, fuel economy, warranty, speed, design, and usefulness. After test driving a bunch of SUVs in it's class I fell in love with my Outlander. Great job Mitsubishi!!!

I love the headrests :-) and the reclining back seat. Mainly it looks and drives awesome. Also it gets great gas milage for an AWD I get about 25 mpg on long distanst trips with the air conditioning on and going about 70 mph.

It needs to have easy to find/or standard cross bars. I am having such a hard time finding them in the aftermarket.

Good Buy
By GLEN HOBIN

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my eye on this type of vehicle for some time and decided to take one for a test drive. The Outlander is smooth, comfortable and very quiet. I have been driving minivans for the past 11 years and it was time for a change now that it is mainly just my wife and myself when we take a drive. I am counting on getting better fuel economy as well.

AWD for winter driving, the fact it has a Mitsubishi engine (one of the best), the comfort & quietness of the interior, and an exterior look that is unparalleled in this price range.

The gas mileage could be better by 15-20%.

Great for the price
By snazzeemazzee

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've enjoyed owning this SUV. I've gotten compliments on the style and raves from friends who have borrowed it. It is great for driving on the beach, even in loose sand it handles quite well. I wish the gas mileage was better though.

I Like It
By Laura

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I used to have a Subaru Impreza Outback Sport which I absolutely loved. However, the Mitsubishi Outlander is a nice change because of the larger interior space and more height for better visibility. For those who are taller, the slope of the windshield can make it a little difficult to see. It handles fine, but if you are changing from a car, be prepared for different handling. The steering is very responsive.

Every aspect of the interior is great. I like the ease of getting everything in and out of the back - it's the perfect height!

On a long trip, my mother complained about the backseat being hard.