2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Great car
By RSchopbach on 08/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car

Very Comfortable
By nmbw235 on 08/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a 5Ft female and I have found this car to fit my size perfectly. I have owned a Tracker and Forester recently (both totaled in accidents by a 17yr old driver in the other car) but I can see great with this car and I'm not on top of the steering wheel which I was in the other cars. I have also previously owned two Colts which were built by Mitsubishi and they never let me down. I am expecting the reliability of the Outlander to be the same. I have owned it for 5 months so far and am very impressed with it. I park at a local commuter train parking lot and have noticed other commuters making an effort to see what model car this is. Very stylish.

Awesome Sport Ute!!!
By tminchew on 08/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased an Outlander XLS with the Sun and Sound Package for only $18,864 at Price Mitsubishi in Greenville, Texas. The dealer was great! I love the vehicle. The interior design is awesome and everything about the car feels as good as it looks. I also received the new warranty as well as free scheduled maintenance. I'm still waiting to see what kind of gas mileage I'll get, but so far it doesn't guzzle gas like a larger SUV. This is a sharp looking and comfortable vehicle and can easily get five adults to the movies and back without causing any arguing!

drives nice, but do not touch
By ultrarunner on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

this suv, but it is really a small station wagon, handles great, rides smooth, but scratches very easily. If you put a fingernail on it, you will get a scratch. if you buy one, get a light color like silver or white. Mileage is very poor compared to other similar sized vehicles. i don't think they were truthful saying 20/27. I get 19/22, if i donot run the air

Comfortable midsize SUV
By tosha on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have not own my vehicle for long, but this week has been very exciting. I love that this SUV is not to big. It is comfortable enough for my family and I.

Mitsi Outlander is a good choice!
By suvluvr72 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We intended on purchasing a Ford Escape. The salesman said we couldn't afford it, even w/2 trade-ins. We were disappointed. We liked & checked out the Honda CRV & Nissan Xterra. We took the Outlander for a 24hr test drive. It actually feet like a 6cyl! The exterior is similar to the Lexus RX300. I got used to the interior, not much to look at. We liked the Pontiac Vibe's interior better, but it sounded like a wind-up toy. The Outlander has a nice amount of space. You don't see too many on the road. Purchased for $21,000 & 5,000 miles + warranties.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2004
By carminelis on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Pleasent to drive and comfortable.

Best SUV I Could Find For $20k
By wk on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for performance, comfort and style that would take four people. The Mitsubishi Outlander XLS 2WD was the best in the $20,000 range. I've driven it more than 2,000 during the first month of ownership and average 24 mpg/city and 29 mpg/highway. All that and a super warranty, too!

fun on my blue outlander
By Bike kid on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

by this date, at almost seven months of of having purchased my SUV I am more than pleased with my blue AWD. By this date I have been able to ride it extensively in road and out road with no problems at all

8 months of ownership
By brbrskss on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Outlander for 8 months and have had no problems with it at all. Complaints would be less than stellar gas mileage at around 20mpg, and a paint and clear coat that seems to scratch quite easily. I just came home from a 2000 mile road trip, mostly highway driving, and the trip with my wife and two kids was quite enjoyable. The car was a little cramped with all of our stuff. Part of the trip was in very heavy rain at over 70mph, and the Outlander AWD held the road with no problem. I love the cupholders, the powerful Air Conditioning, the cruise control, and the stereo. All things considered I would buy this car again,