2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Very Nice
By burnett on 11/09/04 15:20 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good. This car is fun, has great pickup, and handles very nicely. Of all the SUVs I tested, I think this one comes out on top. Some had more space but not enough to over take the pluses of the Outlander. After 1000 miles I feel positive that I made the right choice. The warranty upgrade also made this an easy pick. Performance + handling + warranty = sold. After 3 tanks I'm getting around 22 mile to the gallon. This is a split between highway and city.

Worth the wait
By ldk on 11/05/04 23:12 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Scared off by CRV oil fire. Then almost went for a Vibe for the mpg, but my husband thought it felt like a toy car. We all love our black Outlander. Kids think it is roomy and hip. I have loved driving it - sporty and classy. Got 26 mpg on first tank. This is more fun than a CRV and cheaper. Nice to be a bit unique on the road.

2004 Outlander
By Rockford on 10/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Love the Outlander, but the mileage leaves alot to be desired. We get 20 city and 23 highway. Is this what others are getting?

Great ride
By leeee on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my new SUV. The exterior of the vehicle is very sharp looking and I have received many compliments on it. The interior is not too fancy, but nice nonetheless. I like the waterproof compartment in the trunk area. The trunk are could be just a little larger. The gas milage could also be better as well as the pick up. Otherwise, I am enjoying my new vehicle.

good car!!!
By rknap on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is the only car bought in 40 years that had no problems requiring repair or adjustment!!!!!!!!!

outlander on the go
By gusszilla on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

ive owned this suv since dec 2003 and its the best one i ever bought i cromed out the outside with running boards front crome bumper and rear crome bumpers decals on side added ventshades grill gaurd and it had bland stlying but now i get alot of complaiments on it its fun to drive and great in the snow and smooth ride has never been in shop for anything very reiable would defently buy another mitsibishi

best bang for the buck
By Mickey Mantle on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my first SUV experience with the Outlander. I was not looking for an off the road vehicle but for good gas mileage, ability to transport goods from time to time and comfortable ride. I got it all with the Outlander. It has decnet acceleration but I don't want a car to go 0 to 60 in 5.2 seconds. I am a point A to B type of guy and this Outlander has suited me well. Gas mileage is 25 or better with mostly highway miles. I am a big guy and I am quite comfortable in the drivers seat. Passengers have remarked they are very cozy in the passenger seats. I looked quite a bit before I bought and the Outlander has worked well for me!

mitsubishi vehicles are great
By mikegacsy on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i cannot figure out why more people do not buy mitsubishi vehicles.this is one of the best built vehicles i have ever owned.it is fun to drive has lots of room,looks good,has an excellent warranty.

good family car
By jsk on 09/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, very good. Dependable, handles well. A little cramped on long trips, but good fuel economy.

Outlander
By Storms on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car for people who want the SUV look, but the ride & handling of a sedan. It's very sporty and fun to drive, this is our fourth Mitsubishi and we love it.