Used 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Loving It
By cd

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had it a little over 3 years now, been consistent with my regular maintenance and have not had one issue with it -- it's been great through all the crazy weather CT throws at us -- heat, cold, rain, snow, ice. For its size, it gives you enough of a height above the traffic to make you feel comfortable but not feel like you're in a tractor trailer! Definitely am happy I made the decision I did and "loving it"!!

Great car
By Frank Trobirdge

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. I drive it 30,000 miles a year and has 95K on it now and still runs like new. I have used it to haul my small camper and have really abused this car, but it continues to work like a dream. While its design is pretty extreme, it allows the car to look as new and trendy as the other crossovers being released today. I will keep this thing forever if I can, and if it dies, it am so pleased I am likely to go out and purchase another Outlander.

Favorite Features

The styling of this car is great! I also love the shift-tronic feature. Towing my camper in the mountains would have been very difficult without this feature.

Suggested Improvements

I think this car would have been perfect as a hybrid model or a V6 - and Mitsubishi chose to go with the more affordable V6 route with their new models (and a third row!).

Best compact SUV
By ruks

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Best compact SUV that I've ever driven. More power with less gas consumption. Easy to drive.

Favorite Features

Great engine power with less gas consumption.

Suggested Improvements

All SUVs should have a back sensor.

2004 Outlander XLS AWD
By benzbeforemitsu:-)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven Mercedes all my life. A few months before my lease on a 230 Komressor SLK expired I started SUV shopping. I test drove multiple makes and models and out of all of them, the Mitsubishi Outlander was the best. It met my requirements for price, fuel economy, warranty, speed, design, and usefulness. After test driving a bunch of SUVs in it's class I fell in love with my Outlander. Great job Mitsubishi!!!

Favorite Features

I love the headrests :-) and the reclining back seat. Mainly it looks and drives awesome. Also it gets great gas milage for an AWD I get about 25 mpg on long distanst trips with the air conditioning on and going about 70 mph.

Suggested Improvements

It needs to have easy to find/or standard cross bars. I am having such a hard time finding them in the aftermarket.

Good Buy
By GLEN HOBIN

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my eye on this type of vehicle for some time and decided to take one for a test drive. The Outlander is smooth, comfortable and very quiet. I have been driving minivans for the past 11 years and it was time for a change now that it is mainly just my wife and myself when we take a drive. I am counting on getting better fuel economy as well.

Favorite Features

AWD for winter driving, the fact it has a Mitsubishi engine (one of the best), the comfort & quietness of the interior, and an exterior look that is unparalleled in this price range.

Suggested Improvements

The gas mileage could be better by 15-20%.