2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Great for the price
By snazzeemazzee on 03/15/06 10:37 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've enjoyed owning this SUV. I've gotten compliments on the style and raves from friends who have borrowed it. It is great for driving on the beach, even in loose sand it handles quite well. I wish the gas mileage was better though.

I Like It
By Laura on 01/14/06 18:02 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I used to have a Subaru Impreza Outback Sport which I absolutely loved. However, the Mitsubishi Outlander is a nice change because of the larger interior space and more height for better visibility. For those who are taller, the slope of the windshield can make it a little difficult to see. It handles fine, but if you are changing from a car, be prepared for different handling. The steering is very responsive.

Overall, very satisifed
By Nick on 09/21/05 07:20 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought our Mitsubishi Outlander as our first child was about to be born and both of us had coupes. We searched and searched and found ours. Neither of us like the big gas guzzling SUVs, but needed something with a little more space and access, The Outlander has just enough of everything...gas mileage / space / style.

Great SUV!
By Dane on 08/17/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have put 8,000 miles on this little gem and very happy with it overall. For the price you can't go wrong. Mine is rock solid and dependable. It could get a little better gas mileage.

Look at something else
By Larry on 04/04/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car thinking it would be a good median for everything, I was wrong. I have had the car for 6 months and its been in the dealership 5 times (3 for problems). Most noteably is an engine rattle that seems to come and go. The car sounds like a 12 year old Buick. This was a sad regrettable purchase. Just about everything else in the car rattles to, and I have babied the car...

Outlander XLS
By Onda on 04/03/05 17:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our mid-size SUV leaving the orginal Saturn family car. It rides higher than the car. The luxeries are all great, leather interior,heated seats, electric tilt sun roof. For the price and the cost of gas it's a positive move in a SUV. Looks great and rides great!

Great Trip Mobile!
By EMOH76 on 03/15/05 11:48 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I would definitely suggest this SUV. Cheaper than its competitors and cheaper to insure. So far it has been extremely reliable at 11,000 miles. Many of my miles were on long trips. The AWD holds the road well in all road conditions.

wife's new toy
By TGolf on 01/03/05 16:01 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

After 3 Chevy Astro vans driving this car is fun. The gas mileage in town is about 20mpg and about 23mpg on the hwy. The sun and sound package is a great addition. It looks like a Lexus from the rear and a Pontiac from the front.

Worth the dollar
By Flavio Medeiros on 01/01/05 06:27 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a very nice car for the city, highways and not much for off road. It's very nice to drive and has a low gas consumption (20 - 21 mpg) driving in the city. It is worth to have it.

purchase for son
By mi powell on 12/11/04 09:53 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought a 1 year old outlander for my sons 16th birthday (23,000 miles). it was the car of his choice. i was a bit skeptical at first but once i drove the car and looked at the interior features (sound system quality, seating, etc) along with the performance and fuel economy, i was impressed. we make long trips (500+ miles)on the interstate once a month. this car runs along at 80-85 mph with little or no wind noise and the motor is so smooth! in 6 months my other son will be getting his license. trying to find a follow up to this car will be difficult.