2004 Mitsubishi Outlander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:
Great car for the money!
By Tulsa Honey on 06/04/08 09:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned several Mitsubishi. Only money I spent on my cars have been the expected maintenance items. A very economical vehicles.

Snappy
By polok420 on 04/25/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I went to get financed for a car they said this is all I could get. (had a dying 95 escort). Wanted sporty and got it in sleeper mode. Has awesome handling. I have driven trucks and SUV's before but this handles like a car. It's interior could use a little help. Every thing rattles when have the bass up on the stereo.

Poor paint quality, Nice car
By DIXIENDFW on 03/27/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, I like my outlander, but my paint started fading within 2 years of owning it. I took it to the dealer who told me it was because of the "texas sun". Needless to say, it is paid off now, 4 years old and looks pretty shabby on the outside. All the plastic parts are more pink than red. I am not happy. But, the interior is nice, laid out well. I have room for my car seat and one other adult in backseat. Cargo room is sufficient for a smaller suv. I am unhappy that at 50,000 miles I am considering A NEW PAINT JOB.

Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!
By Socialdoc on 01/16/08 10:30 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I will never make fun of a heated leather seat again, I can't live without them! I keep warm and they are easy to clean up after the dog has been in the car with her muddy paws! Sporty, clean look, fun to drive, easy to maintain! And not bad at all on gas & I drive all over town! And I got a heck of a deal( New ) and will buy this model again! I strongly suggest it to you! You can't go wrong! And it kinda looks like the Lexus SUV, hehehe!

The car is good
By Anthony on 01/03/08 13:33 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been continously suprised by the performance of my Outlander. We recently came over the mountains in the snow and the car performed remarkabley. I am able go faster than is safe and able to get up to speed and keep up with other higher performing cars that is acceptable. My wife and I purchased this car for her benefit, she wanted a car she was comfortable with in terms of size. I initially wanted to get the endeavor, but I think the outlander was a better purchase in terms of cost and efficiency.

Loving It
By cd on 12/20/07 12:02 PM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had it a little over 3 years now, been consistent with my regular maintenance and have not had one issue with it -- it's been great through all the crazy weather CT throws at us -- heat, cold, rain, snow, ice. For its size, it gives you enough of a height above the traffic to make you feel comfortable but not feel like you're in a tractor trailer! Definitely am happy I made the decision I did and "loving it"!!

Great car
By Frank Trobirdge on 11/08/07 10:05 AM (PST)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. I drive it 30,000 miles a year and has 95K on it now and still runs like new. I have used it to haul my small camper and have really abused this car, but it continues to work like a dream. While its design is pretty extreme, it allows the car to look as new and trendy as the other crossovers being released today. I will keep this thing forever if I can, and if it dies, it am so pleased I am likely to go out and purchase another Outlander.

Best compact SUV
By ruks on 09/24/07 11:42 AM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Best compact SUV that I've ever driven. More power with less gas consumption. Easy to drive.

2004 Outlander XLS AWD
By benzbeforemitsu:-) on 08/12/06 22:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have driven Mercedes all my life. A few months before my lease on a 230 Komressor SLK expired I started SUV shopping. I test drove multiple makes and models and out of all of them, the Mitsubishi Outlander was the best. It met my requirements for price, fuel economy, warranty, speed, design, and usefulness. After test driving a bunch of SUVs in it's class I fell in love with my Outlander. Great job Mitsubishi!!!

Good Buy
By GLEN HOBIN on 07/04/06 12:43 PM (PDT)

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my eye on this type of vehicle for some time and decided to take one for a test drive. The Outlander is smooth, comfortable and very quiet. I have been driving minivans for the past 11 years and it was time for a change now that it is mainly just my wife and myself when we take a drive. I am counting on getting better fuel economy as well.